There are newer employer reviews for Best Western

I really love working here

Current Employee - Front Desk Clerk  in  Redwood City, CA
Current Employee - Front Desk Clerk in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Best Western part-time for more than a year

Pros

I have lots of free time at my job. I watch tv, go on the internet, do homework, draw, exercise.... anything to keep me entertained. I work an 8 hour shift, and I only deal with customers for about an hour of that. The rest of the time, I do whatever I want. It's awesome and I get paid for it. I work in a 30 room best western, so i'm guessing only small hotels like this will give you so much free time. I barely ever see coworkers, except when we change shifts.The customers are pretty nice, older people traveling and going to the hospital mostly. I got A's in my school because I had so much time to do homework at my job. I was the smart one in all my classes because I had so much time to study.

Cons

I only get paid 8.50. So I wouldn't be able to survive in the world on my own without my parents to live with. The coworkers and manger are not that friendly, but the beautiful part is that I never see them because the Front Desk only requires one person.

Be friendly. Smile, and ask how you're employees are doing. Try not to nitpick at every little mistake. Don't blame employees for everything. When an employee fails at something, its usually because you failed to teach them.

156 Other Employee Reviews for Best Western (View Most Recent)

Watch your step in CC

Former Employee - Convention Center Server/Bartender  in  Moscow, ID
    Former Employee - Convention Center Server/Bartender in Moscow, ID

I worked at Best Western part-time for less than a year

Pros

They were very flexible in working around my school. Great people to work with both in the CC, Kitchen and Bar (the people I directly worked with)! As long as you communicate issues with your department managers, they are willing to help you out.

Cons

Upper management though is poorly run, from the top down, most to the department managers. Bill, the head honcho is an ignorant ass. He's great in support UI athletics, but when dealing with the people on the bottom of the food chain, he gives the worst impression when dealing with staff. Its gets progressively better as you move down the chain.

Take care of your employees! Happy employees, happy customers. Simple enough. 3.50 an hour is awful.

Overall good place to work - just lack of resources and technology to do many things

Current Employee - Sales & Marketing  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Sales & Marketing in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Best Western full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

-Great people
    -Decent pay
    -Good benefits
    -Company values
    -Leadership team

Cons

-Rigid IT processes make it difficult to get things done quickly and have first mover advantage
    -Very political
    -Too many meetings
    -Expectation is to be on call 24/7
    -Limited career growth opportunities
    -Constant change in direction
    -Very short, sometimes unreasonable deadlines
    -Business model - independently owned and operated hotels, makes it difficult to have a consistent experience for the guest

-Be more customer centric than property centric
    -Invest in marketing and business intelligence technology

There are newer employer reviews for Best Western

Worked for Best Western? Contribute to the Community!