Best Western
www.bestwestern.com Phoenix, AZ 1000 to 5000 Employees

I really love working here

Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee)
Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Best Western part-time for more than a year

ProsI have lots of free time at my job. I watch tv, go on the internet, do homework, draw, exercise.... anything to keep me entertained. I work an 8 hour shift, and I only deal with customers for about an hour of that. The rest of the time, I do whatever I want. It's awesome and I get paid for it. I work in a 30 room best western, so i'm guessing only small hotels like this will give you so much free time. I barely ever see coworkers, except when we change shifts.The customers are pretty nice, older people traveling and going to the hospital mostly. I got A's in my school because I had so much time to do homework at my job. I was the smart one in all my classes because I had so much time to study.

ConsI only get paid 8.50. So I wouldn't be able to survive in the world on my own without my parents to live with. The coworkers and manger are not that friendly, but the beautiful part is that I never see them because the Front Desk only requires one person.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe friendly. Smile, and ask how you're employees are doing. Try not to nitpick at every little mistake. Don't blame employees for everything. When an employee fails at something, its usually because you failed to teach them.

Watch your step in CC

Convention Center Server/Bartender (Former Employee)
Moscow, ID

I worked at Best Western part-time for less than a year

Pros: They were very flexible in working around my school. Great people to work with both in the CC, Kitchen and Bar (the… Cons: Upper management though is poorly run, from the top down, most to the department managers. Bill, the head honcho is an ignorant ass. He's great… Advice to Senior Management: Take care of your employees! Happy employees, happy customers. Simple… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Overall good place to work - just lack of resources and technology to do many things

Sales & Marketing (Current Employee)
Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Best Western full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: -Great people -Decent pay -Good benefits -Company values -Leadership team Cons: -Rigid IT processes make it difficult to get things done quickly and have first mover advantage -Very political -Too many meetings -Expectation is to be on call 24/7 -Limited… Advice to Senior Management: -Be more customer centric than property centric -Invest in marketing and… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Best Western.

Worked for Best Western? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Best Western reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Best Western CEO David T. Kong. All reviews posted anonymously by Best Western employees.