Best Western

www.bestwestern.com

I really love working here

Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) Redwood City, CA

ProsI have lots of free time at my job. I watch tv, go on the internet, do homework, draw, exercise.... anything to keep me entertained. I work an 8 hour shift, and I only deal with customers for about an hour of that. The rest of the time, I do whatever I want. It's awesome and I get paid for it. I work in a 30 room best western, so i'm guessing only small hotels like this will give you so much free time. I barely ever see coworkers, except when we change shifts.The customers are pretty nice, older people traveling and going to the hospital mostly. I got A's in my school because I had so much time to do homework at my job. I was the smart one in all my classes because I had so much time to study.

ConsI only get paid 8.50. So I wouldn't be able to survive in the world on my own without my parents to live with. The coworkers and manger are not that friendly, but the beautiful part is that I never see them because the Front Desk only requires one person.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe friendly. Smile, and ask how you're employees are doing. Try not to nitpick at every little mistake. Don't blame employees for everything. When an employee fails at something, its usually because you failed to teach them.

Overall good place to work - just lack of resources and technology to do many things

Sales & Marketing (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Best Western full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: -Great people -Decent pay -Good benefits -Company values -Leadership team Cons: -Rigid IT processes make it difficult to get things done quickly and have first mover advantage -Very political -Too many meetings -Expectation is to be on call 24/7 -Limited… Advice to Senior Management: -Be more customer centric than property centric -Invest in marketing and… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Job is okay, better for a younger person

Housekeeper (Current Employee) Wapakoneta, OH

I have been working at Best Western part-time for less than a year

Pros: Friendly coworkers, everyone helps each other out, left to do… Cons: Heard there are no pay raises, was told that every 4 months… Advice to Senior Management: Offer pay raises to people who come in on days off and… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Best Western.

Worked for Best Western? Contribute to the Community!