Best Western

www.bestwestern.com
  www.bestwestern.com
There are newer employer reviews for Best Western

I think management at this location makes the employees feel important and valued.

Former Employee - Front Desk/Night Audit in Fargo, ND
Former Employee - Front Desk/Night Audit in Fargo, ND

I worked at Best Western full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Consistent hours, good environment, comfortable atmosphere, paid vacation that builds quickly (and allows carrying into following years), consistent annual pay increase, and good benefits (which may have been specific to the franchisee, not the larger company).

Cons

Overall efficiency of the company seems to be lacking, but not by much. When I left, wages were frozen, so I felt slightly jilted the last year I was there.

Without being informed of the specifics, I am in no position to criticize, but wages should be left to the franchisee to control. I was very pleased to be an employee of an organization that employs excellent property managers (based on the couple I met), and ensures certain standards are met at its properties.
If other life events hadn't pulled me away, I would have gladly spent many more years at this location.

176 Other Employee Reviews for Best Western (View Most Recent)

Best Western is one of the best!

Former Employee - Front Desk Clerk in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Front Desk Clerk in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Best Western part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Large network (so you can apply anywhere in the world), Discounts are awesome if you want to travel, you can stay anywhere in the world for under $70, Company really values their employees and guests.

Cons

The low prices sometimes bring in people that expect the same amenities as a 5 star hotel and they take it out on you. (Management is very helpful)

Give employees access to give discounts and other items to the A+ guests.

BE WARNED if you are considering working at Best Western Corporate Headquarters

Current Employee - Supply/Design Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Supply/Design Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Best Western full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Decent pay, few good employees

Cons

Poorly run business. Many of the management lack experience and make choices that are personal not business oriented. Good employees carry the weight of all of the slackers. And there are alot of workers with poor work ethics, and completely unqualified for their positions. Instead of addressing problems they just shift them around. Are you a bad employee? Well here they will promote you thinking that will make you work harder. CEO preaches customer service and treating employees, but the office is the most miserable environment I have worked in.

There are too many managers and not enough actual hard workers.

Stop hiding in your offices and start getting on the floor with your employees. Figure out why and what are causing the issues versus the daily scoldings. Support your staff! Taking the members word over your employees who have given you years of dedicated work is insulting. The "brush it under the rug" approach does not solve the problems. Your office is filled with employees that love their coworkers, but have ZERO respect for you managers. You need rethink your whole strategy.....or better, do all the workers the favor you OWE them and step down. Time for some fresh perspective in the office. Without that, there will be no change.

There are newer employer reviews for Best Western