Best Western
www.bestwestern.com Phoenix, AZ 1000 to 5000 Employees

I think management at this location makes the employees feel important and valued.

Front Desk/Night Audit (Former Employee)
Fargo, ND

ProsConsistent hours, good environment, comfortable atmosphere, paid vacation that builds quickly (and allows carrying into following years), consistent annual pay increase, and good benefits (which may have been specific to the franchisee, not the larger company).

ConsOverall efficiency of the company seems to be lacking, but not by much. When I left, wages were frozen, so I felt slightly jilted the last year I was there.

Advice to Senior ManagementWithout being informed of the specifics, I am in no position to criticize, but wages should be left to the franchisee to control. I was very pleased to be an employee of an organization that employs excellent property managers (based on the couple I met), and ensures certain standards are met at its properties.
If other life events hadn't pulled me away, I would have gladly spent many more years at this location.

Best Western is one of the best!

Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee)
    Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Best Western part-time for more than a year

Pros: Large network (so you can apply anywhere in the world), Discounts are awesome if you want to… Cons: The low prices sometimes bring in people that expect the same amenities as a… Advice to Senior Management: Give employees access to give discounts and other items to… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

BE WARNED if you are considering working at Best Western Corporate Headquarters

Supply/Design Employee (Current Employee)
    Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Best Western full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Decent pay, few good employees Cons: Poorly run business. Many of the management lack experience and make choices that are personal not business oriented. Good employees carry the weight… Advice to Senior Management: Stop hiding in your offices and start getting on the floor with your employees. Figure out why and what are causing the issues versus… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Best Western.

Worked for Best Western? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Best Western reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Best Western CEO David T. Kong. All reviews posted anonymously by Best Western employees.