There are newer employer reviews for BestMark

It was...interesting to say the least

Former Employee - Regional Coordinatr in Minnetonka, MN
Former Employee - Regional Coordinatr in Minnetonka, MN

I worked at BestMark full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun co-workers, interesting industry, great place to learn many skills at once, good entry level position where you can cut your teeth and gain quick experience, fast paced.

Cons

Very big micro-managers, no job growth within the company, revolving door of hiring(some people were out after a few days), not willing to listen any advice from the people on the floor, Cameras in the office...really?

Advice to Management

Trust the people on the front-line and the people who have been with you the longest.

Other Employee Reviews for BestMark

Sad Place to Work-Not Recommended

I worked at BestMark full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The product is incredible as they are one of the top Mystery Shopping Companies in the world. Fortune 100 clients.

Cons

Think very carefully before you accept an internal job from this company. They make you work mandatory unpaid overtime, they avoid performance reviews at all costs so they can't give any of their employees a raise or even help them improve. I have never worked for a company where every single employee is trying to find another job elsewhere. They don't appreciate a single thing anyone does and never recognizes when someone goes above and beyond. This job affects people in their personal life and most people find it nearly impossible to get out of bed in the morning. It was such a relief to finally get out of this sweat shop. Unfortunately, I believe that eventually they will lose so many staff members that it will be tough for them to meet all of the deadlines for their clients. It's a ticking time-bomb waiting to happen. Their database of mystery shoppers believe they are underpaid and overworked, my comment to them is try being an internal employee.

Advice to Management

Open your eyes and realize the wonderful people that work for you. You can't survive without good people and they WILL find somewhere else to go. You can continue to take advantage of these poor people, but eventually they will leave. You have no idea how badly you make every single person there feel and how it affects their daily personal life.

Less Than Minimum Wage

Current Contractor - Shopper
    Current Contractor - Shopper

I have been working at BestMark as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

generally can be done around your schedule

Cons

Low Renumberation. An individual would have to be desperate to do this work. They will give you 1 hour of pre-shop study material(all their specifications as to just what and how you must do everything, including a test) ... then 1 1/2 to 2 hours to complete their detailed shop and driving time, then another hour to complete the actual paperwork submitted online with all the details of the 'shop' written up for them. In my case, it was $15.00 offered for what would have been 4 hours of work plus gas expense out of my pocket. I did not do the 1st shop requested because of this negative financial impact.