Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center

www.bidmc.org
  www.bidmc.org
There are newer employer reviews for Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center

Grown tremendously in this position.

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant II  in  Boston, MA
Current Employee - Administrative Assistant II in Boston, MA

I have been working at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center

Pros

Coworkers make bad days bearable. Most of the management express compassion. Great location. There are many challenges, and you are constantly learning.

Cons

Not much of a work life balance, pay isn't enough for the amount/complication of work, there are very few incentives to keep up employee moral.

Fix these issues: not much of a work life balance, pay isn't enough for the amount/complication of work, there are very few incentives to keep up employee moral. Also, try to stop acting so entitled.

115 Other Employee Reviews for Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center (View Most Recent)

Dissatisfied

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center

Pros

Competitive pay rates for the area

Cons

Unpaid overtime
    unsafe nurse/ patient ratios
    unqualified management
    No Nursing assistants/ aids
    Unclean
    Disorganized

promote staff based on qualifications and performance, not on seniority.

It was okay as a job that would get me the experience I needed to move on to a better job.

Current Employee - Research Assistant II  in  Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Research Assistant II in Boston, MA

I have been working at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center

Pros

While the benefits were mediocre, there were some nice perks (like Red Sox tickets, etc.) that made up for some of the other downfalls. Also, it was easy to take time off when I needed to and paid time off hours accrued very quickly.

Cons

The compensation is lower than what you would find at other comparable institutions and while we were constantly working overtime, the system made it nearly impossible to be paid for those extra hours. There is very little room to grow in the company and promotions are pretty much only based on the number of years that you have worked, not how qualified you are for the position.

Please understand that BIDMC is both a hospital and a research facility. You cannot run the research facility the same way that the hospital is run; it just does not work that way. Those of us in research felt overlooked and frustrated with the hospital in general.

There are newer employer reviews for Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center

Worked for Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center? Contribute to the Community!