There are newer employer reviews for Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center

It's place which hones your professional skills.

Current Employee - Flow Cytometry Assistant in Boston, MA
Current Employee - Flow Cytometry Assistant in Boston, MA

I have been working at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center full-time (less than a year)

Pros

It's a great hospital with a wonderful staff, physicians, researchers, nurses, collaborators and administrations. The benefits and salary offered by the employee is competitive in all senses. The work locations is very close to the recreations activities and restaurants.

Cons

As a teaching hospital of Havard Medical School, sometimes you get annoyed by unprofessional behavior of the trainees.

reviews filtered by

Facilities Special Projects Manager

Current Employee - Engineering Project Associate in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Engineering Project Associate in Boston, MA

I have been working at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center

Pros

FYI, this does not cover the medical staff and their departments. The best aspects of working in the Facilities are their health benefits and the flexible schedule. We receive really good benefits which help if you go to the doctor often. The hours of work are flexible, which helps with personal life and activities. Working for an institution that improves people’s health is a great feeling, too.

Cons

FYI, this does not cover the medical staff and their departments. The negative aspects of working in Facilities are the financial restrictions and the very slow promotion process. Since it’s a no profit organization, the salaries are lower then the other firms that do the same work in the city. Moving up the corporate ladder is very slow and sometimes impossible. The only way to get promoted sometimes is to get hired into a higher position as a new employee or wait for a senior employee to retire. There is also a lack of training to improve and sharpen employee’s skills.

I would suggest providing more training for current and new employees on the office protocols and regulations. I would also make it possible for employees to get promoted to other positions without the need for creating new positions.

2. Great place to work if you like your PI

Current Employee - Research Assistant I in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Research Assistant I in Boston, MA

I have been working at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center

Pros

2 for $5 dollars for unsold red sox tickets. (then again, who's ever heard of unsold red sox tickets?) If you have a good PI (like I do), then you're pretty much set.

Cons

The 401k contribution is pretty weak (~4%)

There are newer employer reviews for Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center