Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center

www.bidmc.org
There are newer employer reviews for Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center

BIDMC is a feel-good place to work, but compensation could be better.

Current Employee - Research Assistant II in Boston, MA
Current Employee - Research Assistant II in Boston, MA

I have been working at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The sense of community is great. I really appreciate their efforts to hire from within and provide free job training and citizenship counseling to their employees. Everyone seems cheerful and people say hello in the hallways. These things are what keep me wanting to work at BIDMC.

Cons

Research seems to provide very little career advancement opportunities, and it seems like we are underpaid compared to neighboring institutions. Benefits could be improved. I like that sick time, vacation, and holidays are all rolled into one pot of earned time, but I know that this can be tough for some people.

Take a good look at what's fair compensation for the area.

128 Other Employee Reviews for Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center (View Most Recent)

Great place to work up till the last 1-2 years

Current Employee - Clinician in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Clinician in Boston, MA

Pros

Great clinicians and staff who care deeply about the patients they serve and who work extremely hard despite cutbacks on staffing, supplies and equipment

Cons

(New) Senior team disengaged from front line issues; CEO externally focused, delegated all decisions to COO who is culturally insensitive to the needs of staff. Seems there is a lot of senior management strife which is new and has appeared in the last year or so

Pay attention and really listen vs asking staff and managers but implementing your predetermined solution anyway. Staff appreciate the words of appreciation but would appreciate more action toward improving the working environment. Please give us much needed resources to allow us to do our jobs the way they should be done. We are very stressed. Thank you.

Overall very happy

Former Employee - Operations Manager in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Operations Manager in Boston, MA

I worked at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good people an work invironment

Cons

Upper management doesn't seem connected

Communicate more with middle managers on what decisions are being made and why

There are newer employer reviews for Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center