Bethel University

www.bethel.edu

Admissions Counselor

Former Employee - Admissions Counselor  in  Saint Paul, MN
Former Employee - Admissions Counselor in Saint Paul, MN

Pros

Bethel is very good to their employees. Within the admissions office there were countless individuals who were positive, kind, encouraging, and hard working. I always felt appreciated and valued within the admissions team.

Cons

My main concern with Bethel, both in the admissions office and the University at large, was the mild ignorance and naivety. I feel like it was usually by default and not in a vindictive manner, rather, they are just that way because it is all they have ever known. I would have liked them to be more open minded.

I think the office needs to diversify a bit, not necessarily in ethnicity, but in world views.

Other reviews for Bethel University

I do not recommend working for Bethel University.

Former Employee - Faculty  in  Saint Paul, MN
    Former Employee - Faculty in Saint Paul, MN

Pros

Some great faculty, mission driven (mostly), good football team.

Cons

As a faculty (and most likely a staff member as well), you won't be hired by Bethel unless you meet their Christian faith requirements (which are very conservative). Very complicated (potentially impossible) place to work, especially if you are perceived as skeptical of leadership decisions. If you are a person of color, then this is a much, much more complicated (and potentially unfriendly) place to be.

Not worth the effort.

Relaxed, friendly and fun place to spend every day

Pros

Environment of students and employees with a Christian mindset; relaxed atmosphere; great dining options; casual; friendly workers

Cons

Can be noisy and crowded depending on the area, due to it being a university

There are newer employer reviews for Bethel University.

Worked for Bethel University? Contribute to the Community!