There are newer employer reviews for Better Business Bureaus

Ok place to start out.

Current Employee - Director of Marketing
Current Employee - Director of Marketing

I have been working at Better Business Bureaus

Pros

The work hours are good, and you stay up on what's going on in the business scene in your local area. You do have the opportunity to help bring attention to good ethical businesses, and help consumers at the same time.

Cons

The BBB system can seem a bit dysfunctional. Making any changes for the better can be a bit like pulling teeth. Too many of the people seem content to become a dinosaur. The pay at a small bureau can be pretty miserable.

Advice to Management

Get on the same page. The world is going to pass you by.

reviews filtered by

It's interesting

I worked at Better Business Bureaus

Pros

CEO and managers are flexible with schedules if someone really needed help. Also time off is good, all major holidays. Great place for gaining experience right out of school in certain departments.

Cons

Office culture is what made me leave. CEO and management plays favorites; cliques are formed; people are gained up on and made fun of often. Also, volunteers and outside people are favored over what is right for an employee.

2. Work Ethic and Positive Outlooks

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marlborough, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marlborough, MA

I have been working at Better Business Bureaus full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Hourly Salary, Flexibility, Holiday's / PTO, Friendly Culture

Cons

Negative Former Employees, Short Ramp Up Time for New Hires.

Advice to Management

You will have success at the BBB if you work hard. Essentially, you will get out what you put in. If you take every day as an opportunity to help the company succeed then you will enjoy success with this job. I've noticed that employees that have been successful working here have a strong passion for what they do. Those who don't tend to bring a negative presence to the team which will not be tolerated. Know that every job at the BBB is important and keeping a fun and energetic outlook will help you meet your goals.

Additionally, my supervisors taught me how to speak with businesses, convey ideas in a concise manner, stay organized, but most importantly how to stop a bad day from turning into a bad week. My advice to anyone currently working at the company or thinking about interviewing for a position with the BBB, would be to understand that this is a great company with a great vision. Be ready to work hard and to work in a team environment to achieve your metrics. It's challenging at times but if you speak to your supervisor they will help you in reaching your goals.

There are newer employer reviews for Better Business Bureaus