Better Business Bureaus

BBB Las Vegas

Former Employee - Vice President
Former Employee - Vice President

I worked at Better Business Bureaus

Pros

Try to provide a service to business community and for the consumer.

Cons

Poor direction and limited budget. The head of the company was not open to new ideas and did not communicate well.

Be supportive of new ideas, communiate thoroughly and leadership needs to be grooming a successor.

49 Other Employee Reviews for Better Business Bureaus (View Most Recent)

Ok place to start out.

Current Employee - Director of Marketing
    Current Employee - Director of Marketing

I have been working at Better Business Bureaus

Pros

The work hours are good, and you stay up on what's going on in the business scene in your local area. You do have the opportunity to help bring attention to good ethical businesses, and help consumers at the same time.

Cons

The BBB system can seem a bit dysfunctional. Making any changes for the better can be a bit like pulling teeth. Too many of the people seem content to become a dinosaur. The pay at a small bureau can be pretty miserable.

Get on the same page. The world is going to pass you by.

Guess I am the exception

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Better Business Bureaus

Pros

Potential for very high pay, great mission, very strong name recognition when going into a call. I have worked for the BBB for 7 years as a 100% commission sales person, and can easily clear 50-60k a year in my sleep. It is a tough job, but I see so many awful reviews, I had to step in. Maybe my office is the exception, but the BBB has grown me as a person and set the stage for me to make $100k+ with a new company. The experience gained all these years cold calling and being able to throw that on a resume made me an instant hot target for companies. Use the BBB as a great stepping stone to a high caliber sales position.

And to the ones that say the BBB will accredit anyone that pays.... YEAH RIGHT. Tell that to my application for $6000 that got denied because they would not remove the line "We provide the best mortgage rates in the USA". Yeah, they told the company to walk with their $6k. I spend a lot of time selling companies on just MAKING WEBSITE CHANGES. Come sit in my seat and tell me the BBB takes money for Accredited Status and A+ ratings.

Cons

The 100% commission (for some), but hey, a REAL sales person wants that. Not evolving with the times. Hurt reputation because of Los Angeles BBB office.

Pay your management positions better. Real talent should be paid accordingly.

There are newer employer reviews for Better Business Bureaus