Great place to Work

I have been working at Beyond.com full-time

Pros

Everyone works together to better your skills and help grow the company

Cons

Can use more company outings or get together to help get to know everyone in the company.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

Other Employee Reviews for Beyond.com

Awful company don't work there esp if you are in sales

Pros

Zero that's right they cant keep with the big dogs

Cons

Management has no clue how to run the company. Everyone is given a cushy title yet they have to clue about the industry. They don't advertise at all... when you are going up against CareerBuilder.com, Monster.com, etc it might be a good idea to shell out a few bucks.

Advice to Management

Business 101 ... you have to spend money to make money ...

2. Great People, but need more of them to reduce workload

Former Employee - Tech Developer in King of Prussia, PA
    Former Employee - Tech Developer in King of Prussia, PA

I worked at Beyond.com full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people at Beyond are its best asset. Everyone is friendly, very knowledgeable in their field and fun to work with. The casual environment was also a plus for me. It was nice having some flexibility on the hours and ability to work from home when needed. For me, the financial compensation was great, but I am not sure if that is true for all of my co-workers.

Cons

The largest Con is the workload due to lack of tech employees. The company was great at hiring more sales and marketing people, but having more of them just increases the work for tech and there were not enough tech employees to support them all. Another problem was the lack of hierarchy. It was often possible for the CEO of the company to change a tech developer's priorities. Trying manage tasks from company executives and your own manager, plus cross-department support for co-workers was really tough. Lastly, the Insurance Benefits for family were just too costly. Private healthcare turned out to be much cheaper for about the same coverage.

Advice to Management

Hire more tech employees! Most tech people like time for personal development and to not always have to take short cuts to meet deadlines. When I left, there was way too much work load on the tech team.