Bickford Senior Living

www.enrichinghappiness.com
  www.enrichinghappiness.com
There are newer employer reviews for Bickford Senior Living

Great Place to work: Family Like Environment

I have been working at Bickford Senior Living full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Been at Bickford for nearly ten years. Awesome Place to work. Family Like environment. It feels awesome to hear a family member tell you the impact that you've made on their parents lives. I can honestly say that we are one of the BEST assisted living communities and even BETTER memory care/ alzheimers communities. IT's small, homelike, and we care for your parents as if they are our own.

Cons

Some staff are unprofessional, but it doesnt take long for management to figure that out. Coporate likes to come in and get rid of directors if the building isn't full...so management is never safe. However, its the support staff that keeps everything running smoothly

There is very little room for advancement, unless youve obtained your degree in nursing. Promotions are rare

Upper Management as in the Eby's? It seems as if alot of the benefits and incentives that you used to have for employees have been taken away. Bickford Bucks, Yearly Bonuses, Bigger raises, Christmas Party Money are all gone. What happened to all of them? I understand that the economy sucks, but how do you expect employee retention to happen when the big guys don't show appreciation?

34 Other Employee Reviews for Bickford Senior Living (View Most Recent)

Great Experience

I have been working at Bickford Senior Living

Pros

Company cares about residents
    Great benefits
    Growing organization

Cons

Healthcare can be a demanding profession

Keep up the good work

I wouldn't recommend Bickford to anyone, they treat their employees very poorly.

I worked at Bickford Senior Living

Pros

It is a job in the Assisted Living field.
    You receive health insurance and a 401K if you are salary
    Staff at local level are friendly and easy to work with

Cons

No room for growth
    Management is out of touch with what is going on in each community
    Management has no experience, inherited the company and they implement random ideas with no basis then blame employees if it does not work out
    Treated Poorly
    High staff turnover, upper management feels they can always find someone better
    No loyalty
    They did not pay vendors on time and vendors would contact local community to complain, had a policy of not pay until 90 had passed
    Did not refund residents in a timely manner, would have to send multiple requests in order to have it taken care of
    Management refuses to update facilities and has cut staff hours lessening the care residents receive
    "Enriching happiness" is nothing more than a marketing ploy, local staff and management due their best to ensure resident satisfaction however when the corporate office is involved it is the exact opposite it is only about profit

Listen to employees, do not ignore their good ideas, conduct yourself with integrity as your reputation has become suspect, you have marketed as "enriching the lives of other" yet your only concern is profit and when it comes to delivering on resident care it just doesn't happen. Actually care about residents and employees!

There are newer employer reviews for Bickford Senior Living