Bickford Senior Living
www.enrichinghappiness.com Overland Park, KS 1000 to 5000 Employees

Best Job I've Ever Had

Iowa City, IA

ProsThis is the best job I've ever had! I love the resident's, the scheduling is flexible to work with our school schedules, our director is great! She listens to our concerns and is available at all hours. She expects us to do our job and calls you out if you don't. But she has really made the place great since she has been here. The activities are fun too. Our resident's get together every month and tell us what they want more or less of. We feel very respected and are given opportunities to get more credentials and get a raise, win scholarships, and she brings us things like pizza, coffee, bagels, donuts, etc for rewards or thank yous.

ConsSome co-workers who have been here a while have a sense of entitlement and can be negative. They try to gossip and cause problems. Most of us just don't listen to them and let them bring down the team. They are the one's who have less education and don't want to get more to improve themselves, are jealous of others and are unhappy with their own lives. Sometimes they act put out when they have to work with a resident who needs more care or have do anything extra. But this is why we are here, to care for older people. This is assisted living not independent. People move here because they need help. If there is a problem we just tell the director and she takes care of it. She doesn't allow that kind of behavior.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake the health insurance a little cheaper for your hourly paid positions.

Management has their favorites! NO TEAMWORK!

CNA (Former Employee)
    Muscatine, IA

I worked at Bickford Senior Living part-time for less than a year

Pros: Working with and getting to know the residents! Cons: Management SUCKS! If you are not part of the "click", your on your own! There is NO TEAMWORK! you could… Advice to Senior Management: Corporate should have a surprise visit for awhile cause we all know everybody puts on a… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

A company full of denials

Universal Worker (Current Employee)
    Burlington, IA

I have been working at Bickford Senior Living part-time for more than 5 years

Pros: The satisfaction of helping the elderly. Otherwise, there are… Cons: Too much turnover in management. No set standards or continuity. Don't require health care background for mgmt. Keeping apartments filled more important… Advice to Senior Management: Can't give you advice. You already think you know it all. You say you have "core values" but that is just another marketing… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Bickford Senior Living.

Worked for Bickford Senior Living? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bickford Senior Living reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Bickford Senior Living CEO Mike Eby . All reviews posted anonymously by Bickford Senior Living employees.