Bickford Senior Living

www.enrichinghappiness.com
  www.enrichinghappiness.com
There are newer employer reviews for Bickford Senior Living

Best Job Ever! Kitchen Manager....

Current Employee - Kitchen Manager
Current Employee - Kitchen Manager

I have been working at Bickford Senior Living full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I love to cook in general, but adore to cook at Bickford. It can be challenging at times, as it is so hard to please everyone at the same time! The pay is very good as are the hours. There is plenty of time to cook and prep.
What really makes such a huge difference at my Bickford is our Director. She is amazing! No worries of any breach of confidentiality. She always has time to listen and she is fair. She doesn't hesistate to jump in where needed whether it's toileting, cleaning and cooking!

Cons

I do feel that coorporate level employees and the owners are disconnected to lower level employees.

29 Other Employee Reviews for Bickford Senior Living (View Most Recent)

Best Job I've Ever Had

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Iowa City, IA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Iowa City, IA

I have been working at Bickford Senior Living for more than a year

Pros

This is the best job I've ever had! I love the resident's, the scheduling is flexible to work with our school schedules, our director is great! She listens to our concerns and is available at all hours. She expects us to do our job and calls you out if you don't. But she has really made the place great since she has been here. The activities are fun too. Our resident's get together every month and tell us what they want more or less of. We feel very respected and are given opportunities to get more credentials and get a raise, win scholarships, and she brings us things like pizza, coffee, bagels, donuts, etc for rewards or thank yous.

Cons

Some co-workers who have been here a while have a sense of entitlement and can be negative. They try to gossip and cause problems. Most of us just don't listen to them and let them bring down the team. They are the one's who have less education and don't want to get more to improve themselves, are jealous of others and are unhappy with their own lives. Sometimes they act put out when they have to work with a resident who needs more care or have do anything extra. But this is why we are here, to care for older people. This is assisted living not independent. People move here because they need help. If there is a problem we just tell the director and she takes care of it. She doesn't allow that kind of behavior.

Make the health insurance a little cheaper for your hourly paid positions.

Management has their favorites! NO TEAMWORK!

Former Employee - CNA  in  Muscatine, IA
    Former Employee - CNA in Muscatine, IA

I worked at Bickford Senior Living part-time for less than a year

Pros

Working with and getting to know the residents!

Cons

Management SUCKS! If you are not part of the "click", your on your own! There is NO TEAMWORK! you could not pay me enough to go and work for this company again! It's a shady place to work. ALOT OF GOSSIP!

Corporate should have a surprise visit for awhile cause we all know everybody puts on a show while corporate is there once you leave (corporate) back to the same messed up, dis-functional, place!

There are newer employer reviews for Bickford Senior Living

Worked for Bickford Senior Living? Contribute to the Community!