Big 5

www.big5sportinggoods.com

My store was a great experience due to great management for over 7 years.

ProsThey will work around your school schedule as a part timer. Great people really make the job enjoyable. I understand the benefits are really good if your in management or full-time position. Some of the managers are afraid to test the market because the insurance is so good.

ConsYou have to work holidays unless your a trainee or unless you request it off. The part-timers do not receive direct deposit and a few times checks were late getting to the store. The district manager mostly from what I seen makes all the decisions on where stuff goes in the store but I've heard it depends on your district manager.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think the management are very closed off of the ideas that other employees suggest. I thinks communication could be implemented more to help the store rather than no store meetings.

Nice Job

Manager In Training (Current Employee) Tracy, CA

I have been working at Big 5 full-time for less than a year

Pros: Work is easy. There is always something to do or some customer to help. Training is there you just got… Cons: Training is slow. They won't train you unless you are scheduled for it.… Advice to Senior Management: You will get promoted faster if you get your employee's… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

A good summer job, but not a career

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Big 5

Pros: Great medical. Great for people that were still in school. Cons: Terrible 401 k matching. Really dirty, uncomfortable lunch area. More

There are newer reviews on Big 5.

Worked for Big 5? Contribute to the Community!