good place to work

Current Employee - Cook
Current Employee - Cook

I have been working at Big Boy Restaurants

Pros

great co workers and boss

Cons

dirty work for the pay

Advice to Management

none

reviews filtered by
  1. great place to work if you want easy $ to make it through college.

Former Employee - Server
    Former Employee - Server

I worked at Big Boy Restaurants

Pros

Working the morning shift you can make a lot of money fast.
    If you have a good attitude people will request your section and tip you well.
    It can be fun depending on your coworkers
    Time goes by fast when you are busy
    Great way to stay in shape because of all the walking you do in one day

Cons

Very tiring, and you have to deal with not so nice people at times.
    On you feet all day!
    Depending on your section you may not have popular tables that customers select to sit at

2. No matter what position you hold you will be treated horribly, like dog poo under corporates shoes.

Current Employee - Assistant Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager

I have been working at Big Boy Restaurants

Pros

Most customers are fun to meet and talk to.
    Most of the crew are great people, the but way Corporate wants to treat people that never lasts and everyone becomes unhappy and negative. This starts with how Managers are treated and instructed on how they must handle things and of course the mud rolls down hill to everyone else. Manager pay Started decent but everyone hired after me has made less.
     If you want a raise or to even make it 6 months in this company you better toss a cot in the back room and kiss your family and life good bye.

Cons

Corporate makes constant changes you cant keep up with and if caught doing something an old way they will tell you things were never done that way, You have to print and keep every e-mail to prove your doing what you were last told on how to run things and so you have proof of who told you to do it, or your chance to be fired goes up higher.
    There is no work/life balance if you take the job you will live there or be fired.
    The schedule is always changing due to people leaving the first chance they can get, quitting because they cant take it any more, or being fired. No one is informed of schedule changes ether but don't be late or miss a shift because you will be fired.
    Turn over is extremely high due to how people are treated or if someone from the DM up is in a bad mood and want to fire people for what ever reason.
    Promotions even though your told you have a chance are really only given to those who kiss corporate tail and treat everyone else like trash.
    After you leave this company no matter if it was on good terms or bad, Do Not use them for a job reference because the only thing they go out of there way for you on is to make you look bad!!!!!!

Advice to Management

When you treat employees bad you get bad results, Poor morel, poor customer service, poor sense of urgency, and a big I don't care if its done right attitude because even when we tried our hardest and did our best people above us still said it wasn't good enough like we didn't even show up to work. Try to be encouraging instead of running the business on fear and degrading statements with a wicked smile on corporate lips. I wise woman once told me you cant keep doing things the same and expect things to change or get better.