Big G Express

www.biggexpress.com

More productive than other trucking companies

Truck Driver (Former Employee) Shelbyville, TN

ProsMost of the freight they haul is out and back. Their facilities are imaculant and the most modern I've ever seen. The driver managers are really nice.

ConsI loved working there. But by the time I got to that company I was exhausted with the trucking industry as a whole. The hours at my previous companies really had taken a toll on me. Therefore I was not able to work there long. If I had to do it over again I would take a year or so off than return to work for that company.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf an employee works 40 hours a week he or she (not truckers) works 2000 hours a year. This includes paid vacations. A truck driver because of staying out for such long period of time will in my humble opinion reach that mark at four to six months. They of course will be frustrated and grumpy and probably quit such as I did.

Once I had quit I regretted it a few months later. If I had received an invitation to come back by mail or other means I would have came back.

Trying to rehire those they perceive to be productive would give them an edge in a high turnover industry.

OK job, terrible career.

OTR Driver (Current Employee) Bristol, VA

I have been working at Big G Express full-time for more than a year

Pros: Live near Nashville; get home at decent time for weekend. Others,… Cons: Bad dispatcher equals bad experience. You'll never meet them nor talk to them in person. They blame all the dispatching mistakes on the "planners". I… Advice to Senior Management: Couldn't care less. Waiting on a ticket to roll off my record so I can… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Big G Express.

Worked for Big G Express? Contribute to the Community!