There are newer employer reviews for Big Heart Pet Brands

Nothing Exciting, but overall a good experience

Former Employee - Finance in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Finance in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Big Heart Pet Brands full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Friendly culture, easy to understand the business operations

Cons

Lack of innovation, no opportunity for advancement

reviews filtered by
  1. Light at the end of the tunnel

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Big Heart Pet Brands full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Investment in people, technology and process continues. Culture is changing. Management has set and shared a vision and aligned the company to those. Frequent updates from snr management are great. Good people to work with.

Cons

Culture shift is slow, people resources are too thin to achieve the short and medium term goals. Rules are too rigid within HR to make meaningful progress in staffing levels and offering a modern work environment.

Pay attention to the areas of the business that support the vision.

Del Monte moving Backwards?!!!

Current Employee - Field Sales in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Field Sales in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Big Heart Pet Brands full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The people I work with day to day make Del Monte an acceptable place to work, but people are getting elimated and it seems some of the better people are looking for an exit. Company needs to keep an eye....

Cons

work life balance is horrible and getting worse. Keep adding work and cutting people. Many of the best people have left or are looking for opportunities as the workloads are unmanageable at this time, and only look to get worse.

Need people to get the work done. No sense in adding tools and processes and eliminating people. Seems like the management team are creating tools and processes in a vacuum and forcing them out to the field, and the tools and processes are not alligned with what we need! In the best companies I've worked for there seemed to be a balance between the field and corporate office, at Del Monte things currently seem to be centrally focused on corporate. We need to get the focus back on our customers and consumers, but we are headed the wrong way on a one way street!!!

There are newer employer reviews for Big Heart Pet Brands