Big Lots

www.biglots.com
  www.biglots.com
There are newer employer reviews for Big Lots

Physically demanding , stressfull work with little room for growth opportunity !

Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Bradenton, FL
Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Bradenton, FL

I worked at Big Lots full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Annual salary was adequate and health benefits were good for full-time employees . The associate discount of 20% was also a plus !

Cons

Unrealistic expectations in implementing the " Dock-to-Stock" program . The company (DM) never allocate sufficient hrs to meet the co. demands . Too many of their stores have exhausted their "life-expectancy" & are antiquated and dirty without any promise of remodeling or updating . I.E. ... the only reason they stay in a particular strip-plaza is because the rent is so cheap and located in the ghetto part of town !

Re-evaluate each of your 10 yr and older locations . Would it be more cost-effective to re-locate !? Improve you methods of training for ALL levels of Mgmt. including DM's & DLPM's . Re-train DC Mgrs. and loaders to make the 53' trailer deliveries more receivable and less dangerous ! The company is just asking for a major liability/workmans comp suit to leveled against them !

387 Other Employee Reviews for Big Lots (View Most Recent)

Store Manager

Current Employee - Store Manager in North Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Store Manager in North Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Big Lots full-time

Pros

Not Many but their are some.

Cons

Labor is such a premium , the scope of work that is needed far exceeds the labor that is given. You are requires to do $15,000.00 in sales with 6 employees for the whole day, stock , and clean up , and be your own loss prevention.

Run, not much here for career advancement.

Big Lots employment

Former Employee - Store Associate in Lawrenceville, GA
    Former Employee - Store Associate in Lawrenceville, GA

I worked at Big Lots part-time (less than an year)

Pros

It was easy for me to be employed by big lots. The store I worked at had a friendly environment.

Cons

I was really disappointed about how the company operated the truck receiving process. I worked in taking in the truck. We had to unload the merchandise, box by box, and these boxes filled the entire truck trailer. This wasn't too bad, but, i was really concerned with my saftey as to when we unloaded these boxes we had to walk across wooden pallets to sort the merchandise on other pallets. This was quite dangerous. I was also disappointed with store management, they didn't act professional, except for the store manager was ok.

Recommend higher expectations for quality of management and work on improving the truck receiving / merchandise processing process.

There are newer employer reviews for Big Lots