BigCommerce

www.bigcommerce.com
  www.bigcommerce.com
There are newer employer reviews for BigCommerce

It's really fun, but not much money to be made

Former Employee - ECommerce Business Consultant in Austin, TX
Former Employee - ECommerce Business Consultant in Austin, TX

I worked at BigCommerce full-time (more than an year)

Pros

It was a really fun place to work. Most of the people I loved working with are no longer there, but I am sure there are still a lot of great people at the company. The snacks, games, beer on Friday and generally laid back, young atmosphere are great - I missed them a lot when I left.

Cons

The best people and great culture don't pay my bills. I was promised FAR more than I made. The low base & low commission just aren't made up for with the hope of future payout from stock. If you want to work at a pretty cool place and don't need to make much money, I'd say go for it. If you need to make money, in sales at least, you'll be lucky to break $75,000 and you will bust your butt to get to that.

Be more realistic regarding compensation, increase compensation and decrease stock - the majority of your staff are young and struggling, recognize and invest in top talent when it is right in front of you.

37 Other Employee Reviews for BigCommerce (View Most Recent)

Just Another Boiler Room

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Austin, TX

I worked at BigCommerce full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Cool office, it has a very high-tech "start up" feel

Cons

All the fun stuff is just to attract more bodies. It's a cold-calling boiler room. You'll bother the same business owners bothered by Yodle, Main Street Hub, SEO Stars, Invenio.. all the same people selling the same garbage.

These companies (especially BigCommerce) all advertise happy young people dancing gangnam style and "rockin" the workplace. Puh-leeez... It's just another dead-end, advance fee scam.

At least admit what it is to new hires. Some hires may have a problem with the service.

Incredible company, great opportunities

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at BigCommerce full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Bigcommerce has an incredible culture. The best thing about working at Bigcommerce is the relationships I have built with my coworkers. I enjoy going to work each and every morning. I like my manager. I feel confident in the direction the company is heading. I appreciate our core values, but I appreciate even more that we actually stand by them. I respect that people who don't care for them are asked to leave, or know they're not a good fit and find their way out. As far as I know we operate inline with my moral compass. We're very transparent with one another. We support each other at all turns. We don't yell, scream and fight each other to get our way. We work together to support our clients. Plus we have beer, snacks, games and we can skateboard to the kitchen.

Cons

We're currently undergoing such hyper-growth that things move very fast, leading to constant change. If you can't work when things change quickly, this may cause you stress. To me, it's exciting, and I look forward to the point where it all hits the mark.

Please give employees more opportunity, whether it be new titles or more frequent pay incentives. This will build help retention.

There are newer employer reviews for BigCommerce