There are newer employer reviews for BigMachines

Awesome place to build a career, not just a job.

I have been working at BigMachines

Pros

-Relaxed atmosphere
-Great ideas/suggestions are encouraged, implemented and rewarded.
-Company is willing to take a chance on someone that may not have the exact experience, but has the potential needed to succeed
-Excellent onboarding training process to prepare new hires for success
-An extremely bright, talented and highly motivated team

Cons

-Often low salaries
-Sometimes hard to get management to follow specific departmental procedures

Make it a point to attend outside events-going away parties, lunches, dinners, even a happy hour drink. It's a very small gesture that will go a long way with our team. Continue to be easily accessible when we have questions, comments or concerns.

reviews filtered by

Challenging Work and Great Opportunity

I have been working at BigMachines

Pros

Extremely bright and committed employees that go above and beyond to get the job done.
    Great culture of collaboration
    Huge Opportunities for advancement
    Flexible work schedules
    Laid back atmosphere
    Work is challenging

I have been at BMI for a bit over a year and have had an absolutely great experience. The management team is supportive, I have ample opportunity to take on new challenges and to advance my career. The company is undergoing a transformation, and sure this can be stressful, but this is the corporate world. Having worked in other large S/W companies, the change her is absolutely manageable and necessary for our continued growth. If you want the ability to take a leadership role and be challenged day to day, this is the place for you. If you believe that just showing up is enough then look elsewhere. Hard work, dedication, commitment to make a difference and results are continuously acknowledged and rewarded.

Cons

Long Interview Process
    Deadlines occasionally interrupt the work/life balance

Stay the course, change is hard for everyone. Continue to reward and promote deserving individuals as your currently do.

BigMachines Offer opportunities and exposure to things do you don't get elsewhere

I have been working at BigMachines

Pros

- Smart, talented, and hardworking people
    - Fun place to work
    - Growing company with opportunities for growth
    - Open collaborative work environment
    - Good benefits

I'm not sure why people would say there aren't opportunities at BigMachines. There are lots of them. People get promoted and put into other positions all the time. So much so that sometimes its hard to keep up with who's on what team.

Cons

- Some positions pay not inline with industry standards
    - Growing pains around process and strategy
    - The loss of senior people effects efficiency

The leadership team at BigMachines does a great job a 99% of the time. It not easy trying to gear up a company to grow at the rate BigMachines is growing and deal with the enterprise companies BigMachines is dealing with.

Overall, BigMachines is a great place to work that provide lots of opportunities that you wouldn't get at a Large company. If you put in the work, you get noticed. It's a fun place with great people that help each other out. WORK HARD and PLAY HARD!

There are newer employer reviews for BigMachines