Fast paced, educational...

I worked at BigMachines full-time for less than a year

Pros

Strong Cultural beliefs, values training, and fringe benefits like Friday lunches and Friday happy hours are nice as well.

Cons

Layers of new management.
Compensation/Benefits need to increase since HQ is in Deerfield, IL, not Chicago downtown.

Better, more open communication

Other Reviews for BigMachines

So sad to see what has evolved

Former Employee - Manager  in  Deerfield, IL
    Former Employee - Manager in Deerfield, IL

I worked at BigMachines full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Don't know. It used to be great, and I would sing its praises whenever I could. Being an early employee, my career grew exponentially thanks to the opportunities I had at BigMachines. If you worked hard and proved yourself, the promotions and advancement were limitless. Unfortunately, I don't think it's the same place now as it was then.

Cons

I stumbled onto this site looking for something else, and happened to click on the BigMachines profile. Reading the employee reviews and how dissatisfied they are with the current state of BM just makes me happy that I left when I did (several years ago for reasons unrelated to dissatisfaction). I left when the old management regime was still there, and all were well respected, smart, and nice folks. The kind of people that you knew had your back if you needed it, and seemed to really care about employee happiness. It sounds like the new management that was brought in by the Board is just the opposite. That is a shame.

I don't know most of you new people, but it really looks like you need to listen to your employees more.

Good place to gain experience

Current Employee - Engineer  in  Deerfield, IL
    Current Employee - Engineer in Deerfield, IL

I have been working at BigMachines full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people, relaxed work environment, intellectually stimulating work, lots of perks (free lunches once a week, free beer on Fridays)

Cons

Pay is low for the industry, people who aren't "in" with the right people tend not to be noticed regardless of talent or work ethic

More transparency, less favoritism. You talk to us all the time about how smart BigMachines employees are--treat us that way.

There are newer employer reviews for BigMachines.

Worked for BigMachines? Contribute to the Community!