There are newer employer reviews for BigMachines

Great up and coming company to work at

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Deerfield, IL
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Deerfield, IL

I have been working at BigMachines full-time (more than a year)

Pros

You learn a LOT
You are working with very intelligent people who know what they are doing and are always willing to help you out if you need it
The culture is great, with a very open door policy

Cons

The company is up and coming and that means that there is always a lot of work to do and can lead to long hours
The company is located in Deerfield,not Chicago. But it is right off the Metra line, so that's nice

Advice to Management

Acknowledge to talent that your people have and reward them for it with advancement in the company

reviews filtered by
  1. Fast paced, educational...

I worked at BigMachines full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Strong Cultural beliefs, values training, and fringe benefits like Friday lunches and Friday happy hours are nice as well.

Cons

Layers of new management.
    Compensation/Benefits need to increase since HQ is in Deerfield, IL, not Chicago downtown.

Advice to Management

Better, more open communication

So sad to see what has evolved

Former Employee - Manager in Deerfield, IL
    Former Employee - Manager in Deerfield, IL

I worked at BigMachines full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Don't know. It used to be great, and I would sing its praises whenever I could. Being an early employee, my career grew exponentially thanks to the opportunities I had at BigMachines. If you worked hard and proved yourself, the promotions and advancement were limitless. Unfortunately, I don't think it's the same place now as it was then.

Cons

I stumbled onto this site looking for something else, and happened to click on the BigMachines profile. Reading the employee reviews and how dissatisfied they are with the current state of BM just makes me happy that I left when I did (several years ago for reasons unrelated to dissatisfaction). I left when the old management regime was still there, and all were well respected, smart, and nice folks. The kind of people that you knew had your back if you needed it, and seemed to really care about employee happiness. It sounds like the new management that was brought in by the Board is just the opposite. That is a shame.

Advice to Management

I don't know most of you new people, but it really looks like you need to listen to your employees more.

There are newer employer reviews for BigMachines