Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation

www.gatesfoundation.org
  www.gatesfoundation.org
There are newer employer reviews for Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation

It is very honoured to work with such a company which gave me everything and and helps me out in my financial problems..

Current Employee - Research Analyst  in  Hyderābād (India)
Current Employee - Research Analyst in Hyderābād (India)

I have been working at Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I must say that it is very fantastic to work with a superber b company

Cons

I cant tell this its secret .and secrets should not be reveled publicly

our management can do a lot more better than other companies , if developed further new equipments we can do our work fast and better we can beat the other companies

108 Other Employee Reviews for Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation (View Most Recent)

Great benefits, comfortable working envt. but constant changes in strategy

I have been working at Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation

Pros

The foundation offers a very comfortable working envt, great benefits and fantastic learning opportunities.

Cons

Most departments spend a considerable portion of their time articulating their new strategy rather than implementing their current strategy! The skills and talents of many smart people remain underutilized.

Spend more time actually implementing your strategy and understanding how much impact your work is having rather than in developing new strategy.

Golden Handcuffs-- Hard to leave but not great to stay

I have been working at Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation

Pros

When you land on a good team with good people, you are surrounded with the smartest, brightest, funniest people. Benefits are out of this world.

Cons

From the perspective of someone on the lower end of the food chain, I am floored how bad the attitude towards admins and PCs are here. Many people in those positions have masters degrees and remarkable backgrounds in the biggest names in the world. And once you arrive at BMGF the attitude is shut up, print this, schedule that. I once pushed back, and was told point blank that 700 people applied for my job, so if I would like to be somewhere else that wouldn't be a problem for them. It always seems like the minute I decide I am done they send me to Africa, loop me in on a big project, or I meet someone amazing. Golden handcuffs, I swear. I wouldn't say that I regret my time here...but unless you want to be an admin for a while and settle in to the role, I would not advise someone taking a lower level job here in the hopes of an amazing opportunity, which is what I did.

At this point I don't really expect management to worry about the little people, but a holistic look at how you treat your people is needed.

There are newer employer reviews for Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation

Worked for Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation? Contribute to the Community!