Billabong

www.billabongcorporate.com

Oh my Gosh, could moral be any lower!

Designer (Former Employee) Irvine, CA

ProsIf it makes you feel your a “cooler” person to say you work for a “cool” company.

ConsIt is not a “cool” company. They blatantly rip off designs from brands within their same industry. Management from the President on down is very arrogant and, as a woman, in the design dept. your treated like your definitely not in the “boys club” If you wanted a definition of ‘Micromanagement” this would be the place. If you leave your desk for over 8 minutes you boss is actively looking for you!
 The President is a... to his management people, seriously, so then it passes down all the way to you, the employee. In our dept, “clicks” because we’re girls I guess, but I’ve worked with girls where management didn’t have your job in such a “fear managing” style, as ALL of Billabong does, I’ve been where they truly believe in the “Team”, and you know what, it works. No more “clicks” with us girls. The guys area ( we go to lunch together) is the same way, everyone is in fear of management, and their jobs.
 So if your a merchandiser, or graphic designer and want to work in this industry I would say make this a non-option. It will become your life, and thus your life becomes drowned in their negativity, and fear, and don’t take my word for it. They will tell you within the first two weeks your their, if you hadn’t already sensed it, and wished you never applied. I happen to cross with alot of upper-management, and I can only think of 1 manager, who was “human” to work with. It is sad for company who’s outside “image” is surfing, fun, and lifestyle, and yet inside you are literally, and seriously, “pinned” to your chair and desk not from 9-5, but from 9am to 6pm strictly and enforced.

Please, don’t just listen to me, ask around to former employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementFear management never works. Let employees feel free, and have a sense of ownership, and you might be able to save the Billabong Titanic.

Billabong corporate review

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Irvine, CA

I worked at Billabong full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Health, 401, and other benefits are very good. Working in the action sports… Cons: The company has far too many egos and they get in the way of prospering. Upper management is arrogant and does not truly understand… Advice to Senior Management: Worry about creating a better work environment where your employees can create fresh and compelling new products instead of limiting their abilities. Don't let… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

It gave me an opportunity to grow and develop.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

I worked at Billabong

Pros: The managing staff is really flexible and willing to work… Cons: Sometimes hard to balance with full-time school. Advice to Senior Management: Keep up the great work! :) Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Billabong.

Worked for Billabong? Contribute to the Community!