There are newer employer reviews for Billabong

Good company, intense sales

I worked at Billabong

Pros

Steady hours, fun way to break out your shell

Cons

Not flexible schedule, over stressful work environment

Encourage employees to work harder by giving them more incentive

31 Other Employee Reviews for Billabong (View Most Recent)

it was a competition for sales.

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Orlando, FL

I worked at Billabong part-time (less than an year)

Pros

discounts were decent especially on clearance.

Cons

since I was the youngest employee at the time all the older employees made me do things they didn't want to do like moping sweeping dusting and other various things. They always gave me my break last and my manager was really rude to my family when they would come by the store to browse.

Oh my Gosh, could moral be any lower!

Former Employee - Designer in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Designer in Irvine, CA

I worked at Billabong full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

If it makes you feel your a “cooler” person to say you work for a “cool” company.

Cons

It is not a “cool” company. They blatantly rip off designs from brands within their same industry. Management from the President on down is very arrogant and, as a woman, in the design dept. your treated like your definitely not in the “boys club” If you wanted a definition of ‘Micromanagement” this would be the place. If you leave your desk for over 8 minutes you boss is actively looking for you!
     The President is a... to his management people, seriously, so then it passes down all the way to you, the employee. In our dept, “clicks” because we’re girls I guess, but I’ve worked with girls where management didn’t have your job in such a “fear managing” style, as ALL of Billabong does, I’ve been where they truly believe in the “Team”, and you know what, it works. No more “clicks” with us girls. The guys area ( we go to lunch together) is the same way, everyone is in fear of management, and their jobs.
     So if your a merchandiser, or graphic designer and want to work in this industry I would say make this a non-option. It will become your life, and thus your life becomes drowned in their negativity, and fear, and don’t take my word for it. They will tell you within the first two weeks your their, if you hadn’t already sensed it, and wished you never applied. I happen to cross with alot of upper-management, and I can only think of 1 manager, who was “human” to work with. It is sad for company who’s outside “image” is surfing, fun, and lifestyle, and yet inside you are literally, and seriously, “pinned” to your chair and desk not from 9-5, but from 9am to 6pm strictly and enforced.

Please, don’t just listen to me, ask around to former employees.

Fear management never works. Let employees feel free, and have a sense of ownership, and you might be able to save the Billabong Titanic.

There are newer employer reviews for Billabong