Bimbo Bakeries

There are newer employer reviews for Bimbo Bakeries

Great Company...i think

Current Employee - Merchandiser in Salt Lake City, UT
Current Employee - Merchandiser in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Bimbo Bakeries part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Seems like a great company to work for great people top to bottom but recently they fired 8 RSR's out of the blue so the company could make more money.. at least that's what i've heard. Makes me question the future of the company as their doesn't seem to be any other reason they let anyone go as we've only grown in the past year taking on more and more accounts.

Cons

I included the cons in the pros section as it all tied together. Also, i could add that it can be difficult to obtain time off and unfortunately their is an abundance of lazy co workers making your job harder.

Review employee's work and make sure they are doing their job sufficiently

153 Other Employee Reviews for Bimbo Bakeries (View Most Recent)

Company on a downward spiral

Current Employee - District Sales Manager in Eagan, MN
    Current Employee - District Sales Manager in Eagan, MN

I have been working at Bimbo Bakeries full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Not much to say on the "Pros" side of things since they bought out Sara Lee. Before the buy out the leaders talked a big game but never delivered on their promises. Lots of problem and everyone seems to turn their ear and hope the next guy will fix the problems for them. Very lazy leaders in the Midwest. They always put the blame of not making numbers on the drivers when we are the ones who can't get the product we order.

Cons

Can't get the product we order or get cut so we can't get the sales. It's a simple problem but the leadership can't figure out this concept.
    I had a personal illness of a family member and went to the HR Diretor in Chicago about it and she asked me if I had talked to my local HR person. Hello!!!! You are HR so why can't you help me? If you visit our depot and tell me if I ever have issues to need anything to call and when I do you deflect me back to someone else????? Thanks for being so "deeply humane" as our mission, vision and values states.

Where did all of the talent go that was with Sara Lee? Before I felt like a valued member of a team and now I just feel like we are all working an extra 15 hours a week but yet in contract talks you want to cut our wages, make us pay more for health insurance and take away seniority? Something doesn't add up.

Good Company with tons of room to grow

Current Employee - Route Sales Representative in Mokena, IL
    Current Employee - Route Sales Representative in Mokena, IL

I have been working at Bimbo Bakeries full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

great co workers, flexible hours, great benefits,

Cons

lack of communication, slow to react to market issues, allows other to dictate our business

know the business not the numbers on a computer screen!!!!!

There are newer employer reviews for Bimbo Bakeries