Bio-Reference Labs

www.bioreference.com

Bio-Reference. Steady and stable but just the basics and no more.

Medical Technologist (Current Employee) Elmwood Park, NJ

ProsThe company is stable and is in fact growing. So at the present time with the country in a recession one does not have to fear being laid off.

ConsI would imagine that part of Bio Reference's success is keeping tight control of its finances so there are just what is necessary to get the job done. This might sound ungrateful considering the current economy, but their success results in a very hectic schedule for me at the job with little time to breathe. They certainly get the maximum out of their employees with little time downtime (time wasting ?) for most people.
The appearance of the lab is stark. More akin to a factory than to a lab. I have been to other labs and they are more warmly decorated. I suppose this is in keeping with the whole operation. You get the basics but no frills.

Advice to Senior ManagementEven though the country is in recession you could give a little more. 1.5% increase amounts probably less than $1000 increase annually for most employees - maybe much less.

VERY unstable SUPERIORS!!!

I have been working at Bio-Reference Labs full-time for more than a year

Pros: GREAT HEALTH BENEFITS AT ALMOST NO COST!! FREE LAB WORK! Cons: unstable superiors, at least in my department which is the only one i could give you my thoughts. Way too much favoritism, people bringing personal… Advice to Senior Management: QUIT ! No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

ok

I have been working at Bio-Reference Labs

Pros: Supervisor understands the needs of the employee, You get the… Cons: No PLACE TO GROW!!! In the company not everyone is… Advice to Senior Management: Notify Phlebotomist and other employees when other positions open maybe in a inter office email… More
There are newer reviews on Bio-Reference Labs.

Worked for Bio-Reference Labs? Contribute to the Community!