Bio-Reference Labs

www.bioreference.com
  www.bioreference.com
There are newer employer reviews for Bio-Reference Labs

Bio-Reference. Steady and stable but just the basics and no more.

Current Employee - Medical Technologist in Elmwood Park, NJ
Current Employee - Medical Technologist in Elmwood Park, NJ

I have been working at Bio-Reference Labs

Pros

The company is stable and is in fact growing. So at the present time with the country in a recession one does not have to fear being laid off.

Cons

I would imagine that part of Bio Reference's success is keeping tight control of its finances so there are just what is necessary to get the job done. This might sound ungrateful considering the current economy, but their success results in a very hectic schedule for me at the job with little time to breathe. They certainly get the maximum out of their employees with little time downtime (time wasting ?) for most people.
The appearance of the lab is stark. More akin to a factory than to a lab. I have been to other labs and they are more warmly decorated. I suppose this is in keeping with the whole operation. You get the basics but no frills.

Even though the country is in recession you could give a little more. 1.5% increase amounts probably less than $1000 increase annually for most employees - maybe much less.

35 Other Employee Reviews for Bio-Reference Labs (View Most Recent)

VERY unstable SUPERIORS!!!

I have been working at Bio-Reference Labs full-time (more than an year)

Pros

GREAT HEALTH BENEFITS AT ALMOST NO COST!! FREE LAB WORK!

Cons

unstable superiors, at least in my department which is the only one i could give you my thoughts. Way too much favoritism, people bringing personal issues into work, everything is just oh so horrible. My "supervisor" quit and left the building cursing, our doctor has a meeting with us blaming the staff for the instability of the supervisor and WE were the reason she quit, the next day she was in the office has if nothing happened!! the director took NO action for her actions!! If you want to suffer from anxiety and depression i recommend you work for this company.

QUIT !

ok

I have been working at Bio-Reference Labs

Pros

Supervisor understands the needs of the employee, You get the space you need to work to the best of your abbilities.

Cons

No PLACE TO GROW!!! In the company not everyone is offered the oportunity to apply for higher positions.

Notify Phlebotomist and other employees when other positions open maybe in a inter office email or memo!!! There are many great employees you miss out on having in ur management team

There are newer employer reviews for Bio-Reference Labs