There are newer employer reviews for Bio-Reference Labs

un professional

Current Employee - Billing Representative in Elmwood Park, NJ
Current Employee - Billing Representative in Elmwood Park, NJ

I have been working at Bio-Reference Labs

Pros

enjoyed some of coworkers, and like my line of work

Cons

favoritism, its all cliqs like high school even upper managment dont value the good workers

do random drug testing that even managers dont know about , record all customer service calls make sure people are getting promotions based on work ethic not who they are dating or friends with

32 Other Employee Reviews for Bio-Reference Labs (View Most Recent)

Alright

I have been working at Bio-Reference Labs

Pros

Its easy and the pay is better than fast food. The job is tedious I didn't need any experience, but had to type all night

Cons

It can get extremely boring and depending on who you work with the job can be hassle, management is poor and coworkers are extremely rude and favoritism is an issue.

The company is headed in the right direction, but the work environment needs to have more of a professional feel in some departments.

Bio-Reference. Steady and stable but just the basics and no more.

Current Employee - Medical Technologist in Elmwood Park, NJ
    Current Employee - Medical Technologist in Elmwood Park, NJ

I have been working at Bio-Reference Labs

Pros

The company is stable and is in fact growing. So at the present time with the country in a recession one does not have to fear being laid off.

Cons

I would imagine that part of Bio Reference's success is keeping tight control of its finances so there are just what is necessary to get the job done. This might sound ungrateful considering the current economy, but their success results in a very hectic schedule for me at the job with little time to breathe. They certainly get the maximum out of their employees with little time downtime (time wasting ?) for most people.
    The appearance of the lab is stark. More akin to a factory than to a lab. I have been to other labs and they are more warmly decorated. I suppose this is in keeping with the whole operation. You get the basics but no frills.

Even though the country is in recession you could give a little more. 1.5% increase amounts probably less than $1000 increase annually for most employees - maybe much less.

There are newer employer reviews for Bio-Reference Labs