BioMarin Pharmaceutical

www.bmrn.com
  www.bmrn.com
There are newer employer reviews for BioMarin Pharmaceutical

A creative and fast-paced environment with success to match

Current Employee - Started As Entry Level
Current Employee - Started As Entry Level

I have been working at BioMarin Pharmaceutical full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

BioMarin is that rare biotech that embraces a more casual and creative culture. If you wonder why we are a company that has seen such stratospheric success over a relatively short period of time, it's because we focus on getting the job done and not on politics. People at BioMarin are upfront, hard-working, tolerant, and honest. You can literally talk to just about anyone, no matter their level. In my years here, the kind of people who spend their time playing politics instead of getting the job done and innovating for our patients usually leave within a year or two.

Cons

Honestly, the biggest downside is people from other environments who come here and don't get the culture. We focus on our patients. We focus on getting the job done and, compared to alot of other companies out there, we definitely don't play as many political games. Of course, there is some of this, like at every company, but generally, people are laidback, focused on doing their jobs, and treat all their co-workers with both respect and even a warmness that other places simply don't have. I am shocked that our overall score on Glassdoor is so low and felt it was my duty to help even out the very biased notions of a few people who just seem bitter that they didn't understand a culture that is focused on creativity and innovation, not protocol and politics.

As we grow, it's important for us to gain knowledge and experience from people who come from other companies and cultures; however, these hires seem to either work out spectacularly or fail miserably. I think this explains the low Glassdoor score. Maybe we need to add more of a focus on personalities and culture fit to our vetting process.

52 Other Employee Reviews for BioMarin Pharmaceutical (View Most Recent)

keeps you busy

I have been working at BioMarin Pharmaceutical

Pros

BioMarin is a great place to work and learn. As a company growing quickly and with aggressive goals, it's a lot of work to keep up. On the other hand, you're given plenty of learning opportunities if you can rise up to the challenge.

Cons

There's a lot of work to do, and usually not enough people to do it. That means long hours and fairly high turnover.

A growing company with growing pains

I have been working at BioMarin Pharmaceutical

Pros

Fast growing company with good future prospects, the stock options are apealing. Free bagels on ednesdays and free lunch on fridays are a good perk.

Cons

Some areas of the company arent adapting well to becoming a larger organization. Many employees are being overworked due to poor resrouce planning.

There are newer employer reviews for BioMarin Pharmaceutical