BioMarin Pharmaceutical

www.bmrn.com
There are newer employer reviews for BioMarin Pharmaceutical

Summer Intern at BioMarin

Former Employee - Intern in Novato, CA

I worked at BioMarin Pharmaceutical as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Great place to work. The company really takes care of the employees. Retains the biotech 'feel' that is lost to some of the larger biotechs. Always patient focused

Cons

Commuting to the North Bay can be a pain- no real public transportation. Many interns ended up being the sons/daughters of senior management.

52 Other Employee Reviews for BioMarin Pharmaceutical (View Most Recent)

Great Place to work!!

Current Employee - Research Associate III in Novato, CA
    Current Employee - Research Associate III in Novato, CA

I have been working at BioMarin Pharmaceutical as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

The job is very intense but rewarding. Every one is friendly and willing to help out. There is quite a bit of moving between teams, allowing you to learn a great deal. The company is rising very quickly. This is a great place to be if you want to advance your career.

Cons

Only down side, expect long hours....all the time! The dead lines never end. If you don't have a data cut for your group your helping another group meet theirs.

A good place to learn how science works in a pharmaceutical settings.

Former Employee - Intern in Novato, CA

I worked at BioMarin Pharmaceutical as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

-Fun atmosphere. The company did a lot to let interns interact with each other even though we were in different parts of the company.
    -The company provided catered lunch every Friday as well as breakfast (fruits, bagels) every Wednesday.
    -The people I worked with were very social and helpful.
    -Pay was good for an internship.
    -Made an effort to include the interns in the discussions and weekly meetings.
    -I learned a lot just by being there. Because they are a small company, it's not difficult to pick up information from other sectors of the company.

Cons

-I definitely worked longer hours than I expected. But that was more in the beginning of the internship when I was learning new scientific techniques.
    -A fair amount of repetition in terms of experimental techniques.
    -Steep learning curve. I felt like I had to master all the techniques very quickly in order to do the experiment. But once I got them down, I started to get bored doing the same thing constantly.
    -You will be on your feet for the majority of the day while in the lab. It is tiring for the first couple of weeks until you get used to it, even if you're in good shape.

There are newer employer reviews for BioMarin Pharmaceutical