There are newer employer reviews for BioMed Realty

Initially great but ended up very disappointing.

Former Employee - Property Manager
Former Employee - Property Manager

I worked at BioMed Realty

Pros

Most associates are smart and competent, company is well-respected in its industry

Cons

Company culture has changed to one of discouraging independent thinking or creativity.

5 Other Employee Reviews for BioMed Realty (View Most Recent)

Property Manager (owner-manager) for bio-pharmaceutical lab/office buildings

Former Employee - Property Manager in Cambridge, MA
    Former Employee - Property Manager in Cambridge, MA

I worked at BioMed Realty full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Creative team atmosphere and culture. Support for modern technology and work tools.

Cons

Nature of the lab/office market and reporting to Wall Street creates intense pressure for unrealistic levels of operational efficiency and reporting precision, resulting in vast work/life imbalance.

Perfect place to work if you are superficial, self absorbed, and like to gossip!

I worked at BioMed Realty full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good pay, great benefits, great workload if you like to work.

Cons

Clicks within the departments are the worst. AP has the worst of it. This department is run by Mean Girls. Forget any job skills you have, that does not matter here, you must be superficial and like to gossip! I worked there and witnessed the worst behaviors of employees and such a waste of time. The term I can use to describe this unit: "Superficial Airheads", unmotivated, unappreciative, and mean. Their goal is not to work well with others but to manipulate, control and "get by". A very negative work environment that I do not miss.

These girls are awful. Pay attention. One does homework when shes shows up for work. Another is on craigslist most of the day, the other one is just so self absorbed she can never lead others. The things I saw while there were awful. None of the managers are doing anything about it. Don't listen to the chatter, find the facts and make some positive changes for the sake of the company.

There are newer employer reviews for BioMed Realty