There are newer employer reviews for BioScrip

Overall good experience. Some excellent coworkers.

Former Employee - Anonymous
Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at BioScrip

Pros

Working remote is allowed. Good equipment and up to date hardware.

Cons

Some projects start before all requirements are known. This sometimes causes stress or task misdirection.

25 Other Employee Reviews for BioScrip (View Most Recent)

Flexible in IT dept

I worked at BioScrip as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Flexible schedule working in IT

Cons

low pay, company very slow in decision making, executives are out of touch, departments are not working together

Love my work, hate who I work for.

Current Employee - Administrative  in  Chantilly, VA
    Current Employee - Administrative in Chantilly, VA

I have been working at BioScrip full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexibility in scheduling has been good in my the 3 years. The majority of the employees are hard workers at my branch and in others.

Cons

Where to start? Senior management is so busy turning a buck at the expense of every single employee they have no time to deal with building cohesion between all the little pharmacies they bought to create their Home Infusion Conglomerate. We may have name recognition locally under our old name, but even it's credibility is slowing sliding downhill as referral sources have begun realizing we are no more than a 24 hour mini-mart dispensing IV drugs since Bioscrip bought us 2 years ago.
    And understaffed? My one coworker in a MD branch was expected to perform the roles of Intake, Authorization, RN staffing AND as an RN herself, see patients in the field! The same VP that told me and others at my location "staffing isn't the issue so find another reason you aren't performing" has yet to apologize for those words but the job being done by 2 in my office is now barely being handled by 4 of us, and that MD branch now has 2.5 employees for those tasks (we have different volume of patients). Also have learned the majority of is have received a 1% raise in the past 3 years though the demand for us to work has risen by 50% (benefit costs are also off the charts!)
    Best yet is the new Employee Stock Purchase Plan...hmm... Your stock has dropped from $13 to $8 the past 2 years though profits have risen, and the same co you sold your mail order specialty to now wants to buy all you acquired w/that sales money (hello, Walgreens). My guess is the ESPP is to build a small reserve possibly raising stock value as they coordinate the sale of the HIT division.
    And our medical insurance costs...$900+/mo for myself and 1 child to have a $5k OOP but the plan denies everything first forcing all providers to appeal, even prescription benefits.Obamacare has better plans.
    The list is endless as to why one should avoid this company like the plague. I'd give no stars but then I couldn't submit my review.

There are newer employer reviews for BioScrip

Worked for BioScrip? Contribute to the Community!