Biogen Idec

www.biogenidec.com

Would not recommend

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsImpressive product pipeline, company prospering financially, many (but not all) friendly and helpful coworkers, fun social activities, great compensation and great core values.

ConsUnderstaffed departments resulting in workers being overloaded and work/life imbalances, people unqualified to lead are promoted to management, managers are self-serving, do not communicate openly or transparently, the work environment is too political with cronyism and cliquish team members who shut out those who don't "fit in" regardless of how well they do their work.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop promoting inexperienced people to managers and department heads. Just because someone has been with the company for X number of years and plies their particular trade well (ex. sales, accounting, law, etc.), does not mean they will make a good manager. Establish a methodology (via an external third-party) to collect truly anonymous feedback about managers and take action on the problems. You will continue to be a revolving door and lose good talent otherwise.

Biogen Idec expects a lot out of its employees.

I have been working at Biogen Idec full-time for more than a year

Pros: Biogen Idec has some of the most competitive compensation packages… Cons: While the company has many benefits, job security has become… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

A really good place for creative and intelligent minds

Co-Op (Former Employee)

I worked at Biogen Idec as a contractor for more than a year

Pros: Freedom to express your ideas Trust from top management Excellent training and… Cons: No sponsorship for F1 students... Advice to Senior Management: Keep up the good work Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Biogen Idec.

Worked for Biogen Idec? Contribute to the Community!