Biogen Idec
www.biogenidec.com Cambridge, MA 5000+ Employees

Great company, great people, great culture. But be ready to WORK.

Director (Current Employee)
Weston, MA

I have been working at Biogen Idec full-time for more than 5 years

ProsIncredible benefits, passionate about the patients, great people who work hard. The company has transitioned into a powerhouse that can seem to do no wrong. Strong focus on R&D (now) and finally has a deep pipeline.

ConsWork/life balance, although they are working on it (just released Flexible Work programs). Middle management is committed but lacks vision. Communication from senior management needs to be stronger and more frequent.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing, but I'd like to see more "working fearlessly" from the Director/VP levels.

Right Direction, but needs tweaks.

Research Triangle Park, NC

I have been working at Biogen Idec full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Company mission is about improving life for neurology and hemophilia patients. Compensation is good. Insurance is good. Spending money for buildings and upgrades. Let you have… Cons: Drama, heroics, and chest thumping are values. Culture requires blowing sunshine at all times. Frowned upon to ask about… Advice to Senior Management: Thank you for the internal surveys. Some have acted on the results. Some have not. Pay attention to the weak spots and shuffle leadership. A… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Diversify Management

Research Triangle Park, NC

I have been working at Biogen Idec full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Benefits, pay (competitive), work life balance (improving with some departments… Cons: Lack of diversity in management (mid-level & senior). Promotions are far between ((avg 3-5 years) and… Advice to Senior Management: Diversify management by tapping into key internal high performing talent… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Biogen Idec.

Worked for Biogen Idec? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Biogen Idec reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Biogen Idec CEO George A. Scangos. All reviews posted anonymously by Biogen Idec employees.