Biogen Idec
www.biogenidec.com Cambridge, MA 5000+ Employees

good

Scientist I (Current Employee)
Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Biogen Idec

ProsGood place to grow. Significant independence, good work and life balance. Chances to contribute significantly to ongoing projects. New ideas are valued.

ConsAs usual some internal politics, need to have right connections to grow. Sometimes pace of work is slow and things get delayed due to unnecessary reasons.

Advice to Senior ManagementDevelop more accountability and sense of urgency should be developed not only in top level but also at lower levels.

Great people to work with who hold company values and work together to achieve goals.

Engineer II (Current Employee)
San Diego, CA

I have been working at Biogen Idec

Pros: Great collaborate culture that is non-competitive, everyone works together toward a common goal. Company promotes work-life balance and… Cons: Uncertainty of the future with new CEO and head of R&D. There was not always transparency in communication from upper management but… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

For the most part it is an enjoyable place to work but lately a change in upper management has changed the culture.

IT Architect (Current Employee)
Weston, MA

I have been working at Biogen Idec

Pros: great compensation, great benefits, great people, lots of opportunities Cons: new upper management changing culture and cutting costs Advice to Senior Management: communicate good and bad news the same way. do not… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Biogen Idec.

Worked for Biogen Idec? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Biogen Idec reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Biogen Idec CEO George A. Scangos. All reviews posted anonymously by Biogen Idec employees.