Philanthropic work, Poor management

Former Employee - Senior Plasma Center Technician in Muncie, IN
Former Employee - Senior Plasma Center Technician in Muncie, IN

I worked at Biolife Plasma Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company values it's patients above all else. My coworkers were mostly really great, hardworking people who I still keep in touch with. The donors were also really great to talk to. We were able to pay for my wife's college with the paycheck, and it was really helpful when we needed it.

Cons

It is hard to work for a company that you feel like doesn't respect you as an employee. I have a very loyal personality, and I feel like I was taken advantage of and lied to because of it. I was passed up for promotions because of menial reasons that shouldn't have played a part as well as sexism; I was a better worker than over half of the workers they promoted and many of my coworkers agreed. Not a good situation for me and a few others that I worked with.

Advice to Management

Be more respectful and kind to your employees. Don't promise promotions and not fulfill them. Do not lie outright to your employees.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Working at Biolife was a decent experience.

Former Employee - Senior Plasma Center Technician in Mentor, OH
    Former Employee - Senior Plasma Center Technician in Mentor, OH

I worked at Biolife Plasma Services full-time

Pros

Amazing benefits. The pay is decent for an untrained phlebotomist. Biolife loves to hire military veterans. The work is fast paced (if you are on the donor floor or in the lab). The management can be good. If you work hard, are good at your job, and to not partake in the ridiculous amount of gossip that goes on, you will climb the ladder.

Cons

There seems to be some favoritism that goes along with promotions. I saw less qualified personnel advanced over highly qualified, experienced phlebotomists. However, that does happen everywhere. You do not get much of a chance to stay hydrated while working (CLIA laboratory rules). The attendance policy is one of the strictest I've seen.

Advice to Management

Work to eliminate the gossip, and create a better attendance policy.

2. Great entry level place for career development

Former Employee - Plasma Center Technician in Grand Rapids, MI
    Former Employee - Plasma Center Technician in Grand Rapids, MI

I worked at Biolife Plasma Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great pay and benefits at entry level. Nice tuition reimbursement program.

Cons

FMLA program needs to be better defined. Too many employees abuse the program causing shortages in staff.

Advice to Management

FMLA program needs to be better defined and managed. Too many employees abuse the program causing shortages in staff undue stress on remaining staff.