Biolife Plasma Services

There are newer employer reviews for Biolife Plasma Services

Philanthropic work, Poor management

Former Employee - Senior Plasma Center Technician in Muncie, IN
Former Employee - Senior Plasma Center Technician in Muncie, IN

I worked at Biolife Plasma Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The company values it's patients above all else. My coworkers were mostly really great, hardworking people who I still keep in touch with. The donors were also really great to talk to. We were able to pay for my wife's college with the paycheck, and it was really helpful when we needed it.

Cons

It is hard to work for a company that you feel like doesn't respect you as an employee. I have a very loyal personality, and I feel like I was taken advantage of and lied to because of it. I was passed up for promotions because of menial reasons that shouldn't have played a part as well as sexism; I was a better worker than over half of the workers they promoted and many of my coworkers agreed. Not a good situation for me and a few others that I worked with.

Be more respectful and kind to your employees. Don't promise promotions and not fulfill them. Do not lie outright to your employees.

57 Other Employee Reviews for Biolife Plasma Services (View Most Recent)

Dedication isn't enough

Former Employee - Center Supervisor
    Former Employee - Center Supervisor

I worked at Biolife Plasma Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Health benefits and friendly co workers.

Cons

Processes constantly changing
    Corporate management doesn't bother with everyday employees
    No job security....if upper management doesn't like you they will jump at first chance to fire you rather than help you work thru issues. So no loyalty,trust or respect. One regional manager is Mormon so your job is secure in his region if you are too

Religion should not play a factor in retaining employees. Don't dismiss valued employees who just need some help.

This is a great stepping stone if you can make it through the swamp of fecal matter

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

I worked at Biolife Plasma Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits are very good and affordable. Immediate availability of vacation time. You gain amazing skills in quality assurance and control. You have the opportunity to meet several personalities throughout the day.

Cons

Hours are awful and inconsistent. There are too many leaders who lack the skills to perform such a job. Its a constant battle to get proper direction or leadership. Management is dishonest, extremely prejudice, bias and self serving. They see you as profits first, a number second, and a human being third. The turn overrate is literally over 60% constantly and they are so desperate to hire new bodies they hire the most under-qualified personnel imaginable. They do not take security seriously and will keep important information from you. An example. A donor committed suicide, and kept a journal stating he was going to come and kill 3 specific named individuals and anyone else in his path. The center has received plenty of threats before. The assistant manager simply got scared and went home for the day leaving the rest of us there to work. Management will bully the hell out of you and will never ever behave professional unless it benefits them to do so. Expect them to take things very personal and retaliate against you. They display absolute cowardice and hold no integrity in keeping their word

Just shut the center down or start from scratch.

There are newer employer reviews for Biolife Plasma Services