There are newer employer reviews for Biomat

Bio-mat. Pros and cons from my point of view

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Biomat

Pros

If you are in need of employment it is very easy to get hired here. Train in lab, phlebotomy or front office w/o the need for pricey school or certification programs.

Cons

It's so easy to get hired here because of the lack of talent, tact and professionalism of those already employed by this company. There were few very nice and genuine people who I worked with, but not nearly enough to compensate for the rude, trash talking 'stuck in high school' crowd that overpowered this workplace. Also, the lack of professionalism could cost you your LIFE! There were many time I caught employees throwing sharps into regular waste baskets! I would never want to set foot through those doors again.

Advice to Management

The fraternization that happens here is sickening and make for an unpleasant environment. Watch for employees not disposing of equipment correctly, eventually you will get sued for their laziness.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Was a great experience

Former Employee - Senior Researcher
    Former Employee - Senior Researcher

I worked at Biomat

Pros

Good ambient, good people, freedom to research that you want

Cons

The low Salary, bad actualization of their equipment,

Poor management, shady workers.

Former Employee - Phlebotomist
    Former Employee - Phlebotomist

I worked at Biomat

Pros

Decent pay for people with at least a year's experience. Some donors were nice to talk to. Some co-workers became friends.

Cons

Management spent most of shifts browsing the internet or playing on their phones. Management constantly taking breaks. Management promising the same things to multiple people. People that were promoted were not competent, and often had power trips. Supervisors often talked about how they got paid to sit around. All around, staff were lazy, and felt entitled to do whatever they pleased, instead of working as a group, and making the workplace better for all.

Advice to Management

Get off your high horse and realize that staff morale is low, and it's because you display on a daily basis that you don't care, and play favorites, and are being paid more than double line staff salary, and doing half the work.