Sales Associate

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Scranton, PA
Current Employee - Sales Representative in Scranton, PA

I have been working at Biomet full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have a large territory that I am my own boss with decision making

Cons

Management is very unorganized and upper management is always changing.

Other Employee Reviews for Biomet

1. Engineering Design Co-op Experience

Former Intern - Product Development Engineering Co-op in Warsaw, IN
    Former Intern - Product Development Engineering Co-op in Warsaw, IN

I worked at Biomet as an intern (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great hands on experience and responsibility placed on the co-op from the start. For students seeking a career in the orthopedic industry, this is probably the best company of the big three to co-op / intern at. Aside from the extensive design experience, a co-op will be exposed to mechanical testing, rapid prototyping, machining, and gain much experience in the orthopedic industry in general. The company culture is very relaxed and you will find yourself working aside a dedicated group of team members.

Cons

Compared to other orthopedic companies in the area, Biomet probably pays its employees the least. While the anti-corporate company culture makes for a relaxed environment to work in, there is some degree of structure and organization that is lacking. Also, there is very little exposure for an engineering student to manufacturing. Also, if you are coming straight from the college life / used to living in a city Warsaw may be a very boring place for you.

Advice to Management

Create a more structured co-op program so that students' interests / abilities can be aligned with project demand and availability.

One of Few Professional Opportunities in Warsaw, IN

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Warsaw, IN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Warsaw, IN

I worked at Biomet full-time (More than a year)

Pros

DRESS CODE (or lack of). There are a lot of very talented co-workers who really care about one another. Provides much needed professional opportunity is a very rural area.

Cons

The other reviews I read here mirror my own. Managment is chosen not for experience and skill level and this results in uncertaintly, poor training, and errors. The company tries to run on a very shoe string budget and will not put money forth for absolute essentials to performing the job well. Managment expects employees to run at 120% at all times while they wave to you on their way out to go spend time with their children at 4:00 pm. In 2012, HSA only health benefits.

Advice to Management

Communicaton during the reorganization was TERRIBLE. Your employees are talented people with skills and "like it or lump it" leaves little choice but for your real talent to lump it and work for competitors.