Biomet
www.biomet.com Warsaw, IN 1000 to 5000 Employees

Good place to get your foot in the door for medical device industry, but not a place to stay long term.

Parsippany, NJ

Pros- Good opportunity to break into the industry
- Good place to develop basic job knowledge for your next big career move... it's a good building block for the next step.

Cons- Cynical management
- Limited opportunities for advancement if you're not in Marketing or Engineering
- Very uncompetitive pay, well below the industry standards
- Virtually no company culture
- No communication between departments
- Inconsistent policies with their hourly vs. salary team members (i.e. a point system that penalizes hourly people for being literally 5 minutes late to work, yet absolutely no attendance standard for salaried team members. Or a disability policy that covers practically nothing for an hourly team member, but 100% for salaried)

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on developing the people within the organization in order to prevent people from leaving. A lot of good people leave the company because they don't see any opportunity for growth. There are no development plans for regular team members, the focus of the company is primarily for succession of management.

The policies need to be less punitive for hourly team members, and more balanced with the entire company in mind. The existing policies tend to be primarily negative for hourly team members, with little to no effect on salaried team members. Regardless of pay grade or employment status, we should all be held to the same standards.

A Great Opportunity

Inventory Manager (Former Employee)
    Seattle, WA

I worked at Biomet

Pros: I enjoyed the location of Biomet, the Co-Workers within the building, and the pay I received was comparable. It was a nice place to work… Cons: Hours were long sometimes, early in the morning, sometimes I was working at 2a at a hospital for a salesman who was making all the… Advice to Senior Management: Listen a bit more to ideas Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Biomet Review

Product Manager (Current Employee)
    Warsaw, IN

I have been working at Biomet

Pros: Good opportunity to learn. No dress code Flexible with time off. Cons: No respect for education. Top management doesn't have proper leadership skills. Least… Advice to Senior Management: Stand up and face the music, don't hide behind your… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Biomet.

Worked for Biomet? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Biomet reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Biomet CEO Jeffrey R. Binder. All reviews posted anonymously by Biomet employees.