Biomet

www.biomet.com
  www.biomet.com
There are newer employer reviews for Biomet

Good place to get your foot in the door for medical device industry, but not a place to stay long term.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

I have been working at Biomet

Pros

- Good opportunity to break into the industry
- Good place to develop basic job knowledge for your next big career move... it's a good building block for the next step.

Cons

- Cynical management
- Limited opportunities for advancement if you're not in Marketing or Engineering
- Very uncompetitive pay, well below the industry standards
- Virtually no company culture
- No communication between departments
- Inconsistent policies with their hourly vs. salary team members (i.e. a point system that penalizes hourly people for being literally 5 minutes late to work, yet absolutely no attendance standard for salaried team members. Or a disability policy that covers practically nothing for an hourly team member, but 100% for salaried)

Focus on developing the people within the organization in order to prevent people from leaving. A lot of good people leave the company because they don't see any opportunity for growth. There are no development plans for regular team members, the focus of the company is primarily for succession of management.

The policies need to be less punitive for hourly team members, and more balanced with the entire company in mind. The existing policies tend to be primarily negative for hourly team members, with little to no effect on salaried team members. Regardless of pay grade or employment status, we should all be held to the same standards.

70 Other Employee Reviews for Biomet (View Most Recent)

A Great Opportunity

Former Employee - Inventory Manager in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Inventory Manager in Seattle, WA

I worked at Biomet

Pros

I enjoyed the location of Biomet, the Co-Workers within the building, and the pay I received was comparable. It was a nice place to work in general. My direct supervisor was very understanding with various personal issues I had that may/may not have intruded upon my work. I appreciated that.

Cons

Hours were long sometimes, early in the morning, sometimes I was working at 2a at a hospital for a salesman who was making all the money with the commissions. Upon that, higher management was a little arrogant sometimes, but other than that- not too much. As I have said, it was a nice place to work.

Listen a bit more to ideas

Biomet Review

Current Employee - Product Manager in Warsaw, IN
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Warsaw, IN

I have been working at Biomet

Pros

Good opportunity to learn.
    No dress code
    Flexible with time off.

Cons

No respect for education.
    Top management doesn't have proper leadership skills.
    Least paying when compared to other orthopedic companies around.

Stand up and face the music, don't hide behind your junior staff

There are newer employer reviews for Biomet