Bipartisan Policy Center

bipartisanpolicy.org
There are newer employer reviews for Bipartisan Policy Center

Great Learning Opportunities for Interns

I worked at Bipartisan Policy Center as an intern

Pros

Amazing network of intellectual prowess located in one bipartisan office
Friendly staff
Beautiful, clean environment with a lot of snacks!
Really makes sure the interns are involved in project work/given worthwhile projects

Cons

Silo-ed project teams don't leave much room for inter-project communication/mingling

10 Other Employee Reviews for Bipartisan Policy Center (View Most Recent)

Interns mostly kept busy with meaningful work.

Former Employee - Intern in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Intern in Washington, DC

I worked at Bipartisan Policy Center as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

For the most part, interns were given meaningful work that often involved learning something new or thinking very critically about the subject at hand. Interns were often given first crack at writing things that would eventually be published. Scattered throughout were the classic intern duties like taking notes at meetings or transcribing, but the subject matter was often interesting. There was very much a culture of "we heavily vet our interns so we know they can be trusted to do real work."

Cons

This varied by team, but occasionally interns would have nothing to do and everyone was too busy to give them something. This wasn't common enough to be annoying though and some interns were busy 95%+ of the time. Some supervisors were better than others about giving clear and reasonable deadlines and thinking proactively about how to best use their intern's time.

Be more clear about work schedule expectations and how closely interns should track their hours. Be more explicit about potential duties in the job listing. Tell interns at the beginning of the summer about the final presentation.

Good Entry Level Experience, No Room for growth

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant

I worked at Bipartisan Policy Center full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Overall the Staff is pretty friendly once you get to know everyone. The company follows the federal government so there a good amount of days off. They also have fairly decent health benefits. You will be able to meet some amazing people especially when they have events.

Cons

There is a very high turnover rate. I have never worked in an organization with such high turnover. The administrative staff is stretched way too thin and there work is often over looked. There is also no room for growth for junior level staff which is probably one of the reason's for the high turnover. Although the company has decent perks and health care benefits the pay just isn't enough for lower level staff. Management and HR isn't the best either because part of the issues lie within management.

This company should provide some sort of training and professional development. They should also listen to junior and lower level staff especially those employee's that are leaving because the turnover rate is ridiculous. They should give more raises to lower level staff because they work hard and don't get paid enough money for it. I believe this organization could be great but a lot of changes need to be made. I don't see any of these issues being resolved which is why people keep quitting.

There are newer employer reviews for Bipartisan Policy Center