Bird Technologies

www.birdtechnologies.com
  www.birdtechnologies.com
There are newer employer reviews for Bird Technologies

A delightful place of employment.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Solon, OH
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Solon, OH

I have been working at Bird Technologies

Pros

Bird offers time flexibility with the installation of flex hours. Time off is usually never an issue. Bird is a private company so we enjoy the benefit of participating in gain share bonuses.

Cons

I tried to think of a downside for working at Bird and I am coming up blank. Certainly everyone would like to be paid more and for the company to grow at a faster pace so we can have larger gain share checks.

Improved specific public recognition/reward of employees is desired. Appreciation goes a long way to job fulfillment and overall morale.

8 Other Employee Reviews for Bird Technologies (View Most Recent)

Great experience for over 10 years.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Solon, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Solon, OH

I have been working at Bird Technologies full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Private company so when there is gain share checks they are nice. Flexible with time off. Most of the managers are exceptional. It sure is nice that the whole manufacturing plant has HVAC.

Cons

Average salaries. Most of the cons you'd probably find at any work place. Stuff like it's sometimes too hot or too cold.

Recognize employees for the behavior you'd like to see.

Difficult to grow

Current Employee - Hardware Engineer  in  Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Hardware Engineer in Reston, VA

I have been working at Bird Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

Friendly staff and management
    Good management for the tasks at hand
    Decent pay and profit-sharing.

Cons

Complete lack of developing talent. They take you in at your current level and don't think to push you to your potential.
    Don't take advantage of existing potential. I worked an entire year on maintaining code that someone with much less education and at a lower pay grade could have easily done.
    Pretty inflexible towards alternative schedules such as 4 10 hour days or 9 hour days with every other Friday off even when working solo on a project.
    Only 2 weeks of vacation and no sick leave or personal time off. This would be much more easily forgiven if they were flexible on work schedule.
    No overtime or comp time benefit for salary employees.

Be more flexible with schedule or at least offer some personal time off. Come up with a comp time system. Working long hours to meet a deadline should be rewarded in some way.

There are newer employer reviews for Bird Technologies

Worked for Bird Technologies? Contribute to the Community!