BitTorrent

www.bittorrent.com

A great place to work.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsWith over 120,000,000 *active* users, BitTorrent offers a great opportunity to make a big difference. The company is extremely generous with Salary, bonuses, resources, perks and shwag. The atmosphere is casual and full of interesting people.

ConsProducts are completely design-driven with little regard for technical complexity or platform UI conventions. Shipped products often receive little support. Some managers have very poor leadership skills though others are excellent. Choose your boss carefully and try to hang onto the good ones.

Advice to Senior ManagementGiving designers and developers equal control of designs will foster greater cooperation and help assure more positive product receptions in the market. Try to avoid over-designing products. Instead, start simple and then grow or eliminate products based on metrics and feedback in order to publish earlier and reduce the expense of extensive rework or product failures.

Working at BitTorrent

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

I worked at BitTorrent

Pros: Lots of smart people, fun coworkers, and a great atmosphere. Interesting challenges and… Cons: The pay was not great, though it was adequate. Projects would get cancelled and reinstated,… Advice to Senior Management: Current management seems to be much better than old management, and they know what they're doing. … Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

a tech company changing the world

Product (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

I have been working at BitTorrent full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: smart people, real engineering, big impact in the real world Cons: too much time spent worrying about intangibles, too many changes… Advice to Senior Management: don't listen so much to the board Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on BitTorrent.

Worked for BitTorrent? Contribute to the Community!