Bitcasa

www.bitcasa.com
  www.bitcasa.com
There are newer employer reviews for Bitcasa

High-intensity, adrenaline-inducing ride - not without your typical startup problems, but ultimately satisfying

Current Employee - Early Employee in Mountain View, CA
Current Employee - Early Employee in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Bitcasa full-time (more than an year)

Pros

- Fantastic team synergy. There's a real sense of camaraderie among employees, bridging diverse ethnicity and age gaps.
- Even though team is growing at fanatic pace, the management / development planning structure is still horizontal - you own your product and have direct control over what to prioritize and implement.
- Awesome workplace / location/ perks, on par with other hottest startups in Silicon Valley
- Fundamentally different approach to cloud storage - infinite, always available, extremely secure

Cons

- Not suitable for "I'm satisfied with my 9-5 job maintaining the same code for 2 years" or "I can't take a simple criticism" kind of employees.
- Critical bug in your production code? You have to own up to your mistakes and fix it. This might mean a few (really) late nighters.
- CEO, at times, can be super intense ... but what CEO of a successful startup isn't? Make sure to proactively engage in conversations with him; he's ultimately a reasonable && good guy at heart.
- Still lots of hacks holding everything together.

Very impressed (professionally and personally) with the team so far. Probably need more engineers. And more types of beef jerkies... one can never have enough jerkies.

13 Other Employee Reviews for Bitcasa (View Most Recent)

Very unhealthy environment

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Bitcasa full-time

Pros

Great team. Great office location in downtown mountain view. Lunch everyday and good food / snack options for employees.

Cons

It's a great environment as long as the CEO isn't around (which is not often enough to make it worthwhile). CEO tends to have a "my way or the highway" sort of attitude towards leadership and is not very open to having constructive discussions about critical issues. He is also someone that does not build or inspire trust.

Grow up.

An amazing place to work and discover what you can do!

I have been working at Bitcasa

Pros

We're doing some incredible things in the cloud storage industry. We're an early stage start-up that works hard on solving new problems everyday. New technologies = New challenges. We pay for lunch every day and dinner when needed and we have endless snacks and beverages, and do monthly team outings.

Cons

Like I said above: New Technologies = New Problems. We have some late nights trying to solve issues that haven't been solved before.

Just keep going in a positive direction.

There are newer employer reviews for Bitcasa