There are newer employer reviews for Bitcasa

High-intensity, adrenaline-inducing ride - not without your typical startup problems, but ultimately satisfying

Current Employee - Early Employee in Mountain View, CA
Current Employee - Early Employee in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Bitcasa full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Fantastic team synergy. There's a real sense of camaraderie among employees, bridging diverse ethnicity and age gaps. - Even though team is growing at fanatic pace, the management / development planning structure is still horizontal - you own your product and have direct control over what to prioritize and implement. - Awesome workplace / location/ perks, on par with other hottest startups in Silicon Valley - Fundamentally different approach to cloud storage - infinite, always available, extremely secure

Cons

- Not suitable for "I'm satisfied with my 9-5 job maintaining the same code for 2 years" or "I can't take a simple criticism" kind of employees. - Critical bug in your production code? You have to own up to your mistakes and fix it. This might mean a few (really) late nighters. - CEO, at times, can be super intense ... but what CEO of a successful startup isn't? Make sure to proactively engage in conversations with him; he's ultimately a reasonable && good guy at heart. - Still lots of hacks holding everything together.

Advice to Management

Very impressed (professionally and personally) with the team so far. Probably need more engineers. And more types of beef jerkies... one can never have enough jerkies.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

An amazing place to work and discover what you can do!

I have been working at Bitcasa

Pros

We're doing some incredible things in the cloud storage industry. We're an early stage start-up that works hard on solving new problems everyday. New technologies = New challenges. We pay for lunch every day and dinner when needed and we have endless snacks and beverages, and do monthly team outings.

Cons

Like I said above: New Technologies = New Problems. We have some late nights trying to solve issues that haven't been solved before.

Advice to Management

Just keep going in a positive direction.

2. A great place to learn and grow

Former Employee - User Experience Designer in San Mateo, CA
    Former Employee - User Experience Designer in San Mateo, CA

I worked at Bitcasa full-time (More than a year)

Pros

An excellent company with hardworking, passionate people. I learned and grew so much at this company while being part of a team that I was proud to contribute to.

Cons

See "advice to management" - make sure everyone who is part of the team feels that they are contributing in a meaningful way that helps both the company and the individuals grow.

Advice to Management

This company is full of smart people who love to be part of the Bitcasa family. Keep them by finding ways for them to learn and contribute as the company grows and succeeds.