There are newer employer reviews for Black Box

If management were the quality of the products this would be awesome

Current Employee - Outbound CS&S  in  Pittsburgh, PA
Current Employee - Outbound CS&S in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Black Box

Pros

Quality of the products is great. I sleep at night knowing my customers got quality products that will perform. It is incredibly rare that a product fails the customer.

Cons

Its hard to describe how mismanaged they are. Year after year. The top management has no idea how to fix it either.

Keep promoting people to the top that have no background in sales or corporate management and see where we go. At the current rate HQ will become a distribution center to the integrators and the Name of Black Box will be left in the history books as a great product.

58 Other Employee Reviews for Black Box (View Most Recent)

Went downhill when our company was bought by Black Box

Former Employee - Field Service Technician  in  Columbia, SC
    Former Employee - Field Service Technician in Columbia, SC

I worked at Black Box

Pros

Enjoyed the work once I was at a customer site. Very little overnight travel. Great co-workers.

Cons

Poor equipment to work with. Counting inventory of outdated equipment that should have been thrown in the dumpster. Management more concerned about the bottom line rather than the customers satisfaction. No pay raises. Took away the annual Christmas Bonus!!

Don't publicize all the pay raises and bonuses the upper management get when the workers get nothing.

WHAT A JOKE!

Former Employee - Blackbox-br549  in  Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Blackbox-br549 in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Black Box

Pros

What a Joke!!!!!!!!!!

If you enjoy being a number you are in luck! They have an excellent number plan you never get over being a zero. So the best reasons are these....Met some great Customers. They will be truly missed.

Cons

Where to start. Lies,Lies and more Lies.
    No raises, Don't know who is running the office from one day to the next.
    Techs can't even get shirts to work in. Hello?? You want us to wear your logo and stand proud, but yet you horde shirts like they are of The Golden Fleece?

Management playing the blame game to make themselves look good.
    What does Management do just go to lunch and eat?
    Upper Management winning trips and awards while the workers get nothing. Not even a Thank You!
    What a Joke!

If you truly value your employees as much as you claim, You would listen to their complaints and try to take steps to resolve the issue. I would get rid of the management that you have a get people that are hungry for what it truly takes to be a Leader. What does it take to be a Leader you ask? You will never know.

There are newer employer reviews for Black Box

Worked for Black Box? Contribute to the Community!