Black Box

Went downhill when our company was bought by Black Box

Former Employee - Field Service Technician in Columbia, SC
Former Employee - Field Service Technician in Columbia, SC

I worked at Black Box

Pros

Enjoyed the work once I was at a customer site. Very little overnight travel. Great co-workers.

Cons

Poor equipment to work with. Counting inventory of outdated equipment that should have been thrown in the dumpster. Management more concerned about the bottom line rather than the customers satisfaction. No pay raises. Took away the annual Christmas Bonus!!

Don't publicize all the pay raises and bonuses the upper management get when the workers get nothing.

62 Other Employee Reviews for Black Box (View Most Recent)

WHAT A JOKE!

Former Employee - Blackbox-br549 in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Blackbox-br549 in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Black Box

Pros

What a Joke!!!!!!!!!!

If you enjoy being a number you are in luck! They have an excellent number plan you never get over being a zero. So the best reasons are these....Met some great Customers. They will be truly missed.

Cons

Where to start. Lies,Lies and more Lies.
    No raises, Don't know who is running the office from one day to the next.
    Techs can't even get shirts to work in. Hello?? You want us to wear your logo and stand proud, but yet you horde shirts like they are of The Golden Fleece?

Management playing the blame game to make themselves look good.
    What does Management do just go to lunch and eat?
    Upper Management winning trips and awards while the workers get nothing. Not even a Thank You!
    What a Joke!

If you truly value your employees as much as you claim, You would listen to their complaints and try to take steps to resolve the issue. I would get rid of the management that you have a get people that are hungry for what it truly takes to be a Leader. What does it take to be a Leader you ask? You will never know.

Project Lead

Current Employee - Material in San Juan, PR
    Current Employee - Material in San Juan, PR

I have been working at Black Box

Pros

To obtain professional Experience in Projects. As an IT, Telecommunication Company, Black Box is an excellent feedback for my curriculum.

Cons

Black Box is a contractor of many Company, most of them are Global Contracts. In most of the position we are expose to international professionals and the ultimate technology.

This company an its leaders are highly professionals. Their Global approach to Companies as a Contractor is to subcontract companies in terms of cost effectiveness. This is kind of messy because theirs to many people to respond.

There are newer employer reviews for Black Box