There are newer employer reviews for Black Box

Black Box offices benefit from independence

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Maple Grove, MN
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Maple Grove, MN

I have been working at Black Box full-time

Pros

Black Box is a huge company and has all the benefits that go along with their size. However, most of the offices function as independent units of the company and maintain their ability to be nimble and adjust quickly. They also provide small company atmospheres where people really care about what is happening. While I am sure there are some "bad" offices, even two offices in the same area can be completely separate in terms of culture, people, tenure and attitude. Anyone looking for an accurate review of the Black Box office they are considering should pay very close attention to the office being reviewed because if the name doesn't match exactly the review means litte to nothing.

Cons

It takes a little longer than normal to get the specific benefit information when you start. They start benefits right away but it takes a while to get the details.
The benefits are very generous though so it's worth the wait.

Keep investing in good people and technology!

58 Other Employee Reviews for Black Box (View Most Recent)

Run as fast as you can

Current Employee - Account Manager in Maple Grove, MN
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Maple Grove, MN

I have been working at Black Box full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Nice co-workers and that is all.

Cons

By far the worst sales job I have ever had. Senior management is in way over her head and is driving the division into the ground. Very low moral because of leadership's unethical treatment. I have seen many people come, and many people go. You live off of the base salary they provide with very little commission even at the top. Extreme Micro Management.

Treat your employees with respect. Take classes on business.

Went downhill when our company was bought by Black Box

Former Employee - Field Service Technician in Columbia, SC
    Former Employee - Field Service Technician in Columbia, SC

I worked at Black Box

Pros

Enjoyed the work once I was at a customer site. Very little overnight travel. Great co-workers.

Cons

Poor equipment to work with. Counting inventory of outdated equipment that should have been thrown in the dumpster. Management more concerned about the bottom line rather than the customers satisfaction. No pay raises. Took away the annual Christmas Bonus!!

Don't publicize all the pay raises and bonuses the upper management get when the workers get nothing.

There are newer employer reviews for Black Box