Black Diamond Networks

There are newer employer reviews for Black Diamond Networks

I had a very positive experience with Black Diamond Networks

Former Employee - Test Engineer
Former Employee - Test Engineer

I worked at Black Diamond Networks as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Let me begin with full disclosure. Black Diamond Networks is a staffing firm and I am a consultant. If you are like me and have been around the industry for a long time you know one thing, staffing firms are no fun to work with. But in the big picture, this experience was one of the better ones that I had. Like most assignments, the job description wasn't very accurate, but I got a great rate and at the end of the day that is all I can really ask for. One thing that separates Black Diamond Networks from some of the competition is that during my assignment I was provided a personal contractor advocate who inquired about my well being and my assignment. My assignment ended sometime after Thanksgiving and at the conclusion of my contract I was even given a small G/C explaining that they know that this is a tough industry, but that wanted to thank me for working with them. When you live on the road and are constantly being hounded by other firms these little things will really separate you from the competition!

Cons

As a contractor who has been in the business for around 15 years I can confirm two things. One - we get paid well and Two - we get no work benefits such as time off, holiday pay, insurance. It is an issue that has troubled me for quite a while now. Regretfully, Black Diamond Networks was no different than their competition and could not offer me any of the beneficial perks of being a full-time employee rather than a contractor.

Keep investing in services to bring us back to you! We have a lot of options out there!

12 Other Employee Reviews for Black Diamond Networks (View Most Recent)

My Excellent Contract at Bombarbier Aerospace Inc.

Former Employee - Avionics Systems Engineer in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Avionics Systems Engineer in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Black Diamond Networks as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Very Professional, Excellent Quality Engineers, Management was Outstanding and Avionics Projects were challenging.

Cons

My weekly commute from Oklahoma City, OK to / from Toronto, Ontario was delayed occassionally due to inclement weather encountered on my three weekly flights from Oklahoma City and Toronto, Ontario during the winter months.

My work-life balance was outstanding since my work projects were quite challenging, definitely state-of-the art and consisted of assignments on Bombardier Aerospace's excellent aircraft.

Great work environment with a supportive staff

Current Employee - Contractor Services Representative in Andover, MA
    Current Employee - Contractor Services Representative in Andover, MA

I have been working at Black Diamond Networks full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I’ve been working at Black Diamond Networks for about a year and a half now and I’m really enjoying it! With a background in marketing and no experience in the technical staffing industry I was a little concerned at first, but with a rigorous training program I’ve learned quite a lot. The management here is really dedicated to making sure you feel welcome and informed the minute you step through the doors.

After being trained and getting to know the company a bit more, the managers encourage you to give them feedback on how they can improve. Black Diamond is a company where every employee has a voice. Not only does management encourage creative thinking and the implementation of new ideas, they also offer their opinions, assistance and take a very proactive approach during the process. This accessibility and input from management creates a work environment where all employees genuinely care for one another.

Management's involvement has created a very relaxed corporate atmosphere; this atmosphere encourages a healthy living style and promotes life outside of the office. Overall, Black Diamond is unique to any other work atmosphere that I have ever been a part of, if you're a hard working team player there is a lot of opportunity for success within this rapidly growing organization.

Cons

This is a fast-paced company that is growing rapidly so if you aren't focused and dedicated to your work it will be more difficult to succeed.

There are newer employer reviews for Black Diamond Networks