Black Hawk College

www.bhc.edu

Great mission and core values - execution of which is always a work in progress

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Moline, IL

ProsLife-long learning is a great mission statement. This is true for both classroom type of situations as well as real life situations. The college does a great job of carrying that mission throughout its 6 county region.

ConsState of Illinois funding mechanisms leave a lot to be desired which makes long-term planning more difficult than it has to be. In addition, leadership turnover and a recent (due to state incentives) large retirement pool places upon the college an additional burden. Not that this burden cannot be weathered, it just makes things a bit more tenuous.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere are some very talented people in place - get more feedback from employees and the community and publish that information before implementing new plans.

Great people and benefits

Enrollment Services (Current Employee) Moline, IL

I have been working at Black Hawk College full-time for more than a year

Pros: The people are wonderful and super friendly. Everyone is here… Cons: Lack of communication between administration and staff. A lot of… Advice to Senior Management: Need to communicate more with faculty and staff in order… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Tutor and Ta work

Tutor (Current Employee) Kewanee, IL

I have been working at Black Hawk College part-time for less than a year

Pros: Good experience while being in classes. Cons: Limited hours, this is more of a job for those… More

There are newer reviews on Black Hawk College.

Worked for Black Hawk College? Contribute to the Community!