Black Hills Corporation
www.blackhillscorp.com Rapid City, SD 1000 to 5000 Employees

A growing company with good people who want to make a positive difference in the communitities they work in.

Rapid City, SD

ProsI believe there are lots of positives. Some of the highlights are great benefits, strong 401K match and company contribution, generous vacation, good salary level, and training. The company is very diversified which helps keep it stable through these tough times.

ConsWe all work hard here and cost cutting is always a priority...but I'd rather we be careful and frugal so we don't have layoffs or other negative surprises.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up...you're on the right track. It would be nice to see and talk with you in person more often.

They will throw you under the bus in a heartbeat...

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Denver, CO

I worked at Black Hills Corporation

Pros: Opportunity to learn new technologies, lots of free food. Cons: This company rewards management for putting the screws on its employees. Heaven forbid you should have an illness or person emergency - you will… Advice to Senior Management: Be honest with your employees. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Work comes first for this company, personal and family time second.

Accountant (Current Employee)
    Rapid City, SD

I have been working at Black Hills Corporation

Pros: Established stable company with great opportunity for growth. Cons: Extensive hours required to complete position responsibilities. Very little… Advice to Senior Management: Expand professional work force to allow for the companies growth. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Black Hills Corporation.

Worked for Black Hills Corporation? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Black Hills Corporation reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Black Hills Corporation CEO David R. Emery. All reviews posted anonymously by Black Hills Corporation employees.