Black Hills Corporation

www.blackhillscorp.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Black Hills Corporation

Big Talk, Little (if any) Follow through

I have been working at Black Hills Corporation full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Good matching (401K), Nice people (co workers), Ok benefits and descent salary (for the mid-west)

Cons

Upper management is always looking out for the shareholders first and foremost. They talk a good game about better working conditions, safety etc... but when it comes down to putting out the $ its not so important then. I feel this company is one good cost cut away from a major safety issue or disaster.

Hire some employees, get up to date with technology and systems. Get a better IT department and fund them to bring us into the 21st century, make an effort to talk to and understand lower managements needs and employees needs, we do a good job for you.

18 Other Employee Reviews for Black Hills Corporation (View Most Recent)

A growing company with good people who want to make a positive difference in the communitities they work in.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rapid City, SD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rapid City, SD

I have been working at Black Hills Corporation

Pros

I believe there are lots of positives. Some of the highlights are great benefits, strong 401K match and company contribution, generous vacation, good salary level, and training. The company is very diversified which helps keep it stable through these tough times.

Cons

We all work hard here and cost cutting is always a priority...but I'd rather we be careful and frugal so we don't have layoffs or other negative surprises.

Keep it up...you're on the right track. It would be nice to see and talk with you in person more often.

They will throw you under the bus in a heartbeat...

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I worked at Black Hills Corporation

Pros

Opportunity to learn new technologies, lots of free food.

Cons

This company rewards management for putting the screws on its employees. Heaven forbid you should have an illness or person emergency - you will find yourself out of a job at the first opportunity. They will lie to your face and tell you everything's OK while they are planning to get rid of you. Unrealistic deadlines, lack of communication, and evil management.

Be honest with your employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Black Hills Corporation